1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My iGPU settings are gone from my bios

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by skoolsella, Sep 17, 2012.

1. skoolsella New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys. this is my first post here on techpowerup!

I have an Asus P8Z68 motherboard and a 2500K. Well, everything was working great until tonight. I changed the bios on my Asus DirectCU II 6950 (flashed a new bios on the second bios switch) and since then, my motherboard has no iGPU settings. It is like there is no gpu on the processor..? The computer works fine with an external graphics card installed, but in the settings tab where iGPU and virtu used to be (in the UEFI BIOS), only PCI and PCI-E are options.
    I am running the latest Bios from the Asus website, and have cleared the bios multiple times, but it does nothing. After resetting the bios, the default output setting for gpu should be Auto, but i get no display unless I connect an external graphics card to the motherboard. Sounds like my mobo is dead, right? I have had all kinds of temperamental problems with this damn board (BT, Optical, bootloop), I wouldnt buy another.

2. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    Disconnect the external GPU - reset bios - start PC - check bios if setting are back - connect external GPU and recheck if iGPU is still there.

3. skoolsella New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the quick reply! I tried, but after re-setting the bios and turning it back on with no external gpu installed, i get no picture to the monitor, but i can tell the computer is responsive because the caps lock, number lock buttons work, and pressing F1 shows activity on the HDD light on the case.

also, the the motherboard is doing POST very quickly now, i can boot to windows in less than 10 seconds from complete power-down! (I have a SSD) It used to take more than 10 seconds to just get to the windows loading screen.

4. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    Try older mobo bioses

5. skoolsella New Member

Thanks Received:
    i tried to install 3 other older bios, and it says they are not from the same model :-\ I got them straight from the Asus website. .

I thought I should mention, when I reset the bios, and restart, with the monitor connected to the onboard graphics output, i get a blank screen, but i can tell the system is responsive (by the keyboard lights). I press F1 (to enter setup for first time) then press F10 (save and restart) then enter. Then it will reboot and output graphics via external card, but never onboard.

6. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    In this case I would consider to RMA the mobo. Very unlikely that the CPU is faulty.

AlienIsGOD and skoolsella say thanks.