1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My internet ain't working.. :(

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Brutalfate, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Brutalfate New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just done re-install of XP, i installed my LAN drivers, But i keep getting "Limited or no connectivity".. I re-configured my router.. still no luck, I tried re-newing my ip through Cmd how ever i get "The RPC server is unavailable. Any ideas?
  2. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    1. contact your isp if u can't connect or web page isn't loading.
    2. The limited or no connectivity is just a stupid notification, that starts from Service pack 2, just ignore it.
  3. Brutalfate New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im on the phone now.. been on hold for 20minutes. :S
  4. BXtreme

BXtreme New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL, u know i had the same problem a month back(when i didn't knew about it). I just couldn't connect ! Presses reconnect for about 10-15 times, ended up reinstalling my windows, drivers too :p, and then got to know it was my isp not me !! LOL, was so irritated 'cause of that, but sometimes isp's have problems too ya know, not our running pc's...
  5. Brutalfate New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hehe.. Well i finally got on to someone, however during the time i was on hold i'd found out what the issue was >.>. and the dude from Optus told me and i quote "Theres something wrong with your OS" however he didn't know what, there was just something wrong. :)

I'm just going to do a re-install of XP. Again. Wish me luck this time. Haha.
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the RPC error indicates a windows service needed for networking was disabled. Use a non-modded copy of XP, or dont disable services after installing.

Otherwise, just make sure the drivers are installed correctly.

Side note: OPtus means australia, and its been standard practise for 3-4 years now that all ADSL customers get a router with in-built DHCP systems - we dont get IP addresses direct off the internet, and therefore his problem would be local and to do with either windows, the drivers, or the router itself.

Therefore, try another PC, laptop or something and see if the router/modem broke!
  7. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    EXACTAMUNDO!

:)

* Very GOOD, "Danielsan"...

APK
  8. Brutalfate New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well.. I did a re-install of XP (BTW - i use a Genuine non-modded copy), I serviced packed it (2) it worked fine, however I turned my pc on this morning and bang, Its dead again. >.>. I havent touched any of the services, I am running this OS and service pack on 3 other machines on this network and they are all FINE. :( :(
  9. Brutalfate New Member

Thanks Received:
    Managed to fix it by doing this:

Remove Network drivers > Cmd > netsh winsock reset > Reboot

Its working fine now.. I sure hope it stays that way, thanks for all your input guys.
  10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like some bug with the drivers, if its repeating. Perhaps a bad cable or something too?
  11. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    INTERESTING! I have never used THAT particular NETSHELL command before... one for the archives here... thanks for the 'tip' & a new possible recovery command!

:)

* This thread made my "favs/bookmarks" as NEW NETSH command for internet function recovery (lol, possibly a "dubious honor" but, an honor nevertheless!)

APK