1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My LG monitor is gone again. :/

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by itsakjt, Aug 22, 2013.

1. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone, I am up in problems again with my stupid arse monitor. Within 7 days of purchase(got it on 8th April 2013), the panel was defective and after 20 days, they replaced it. And now the piece of crap won't display anything at all. It is always in standby mode. At first I suspected the system not POSTing. But the speakers sounded the Win 7 startup sound. To confirm, I connected my TV to my computer with the same output of the graphics card(DVI) and everything is perfect and I confirm the system is working perfectly. To further test the monitor even when I pull out the signal cord of my monitor, it won't say "Please check your connection" which it did. There also "Power Saving Mode". :( Today I called LG support at 4 pm IST. They said a personnel will call me within 2 hrs. Over 4.5 hrs have passed without a call. :/ I am totally annoyed.
    Another thing I think I should let you know. Before I purchased the monitor, I checked its specs on the official website and it clearly stated viewing angle as 170/160 H/V which means 85 - 85 Left right and 80-80 up down. But to my shock, my monitor has horrible viewing angles. This was not all. I managed to get the panel model and it is a CMI200 L23 from CheiMei Innolux. I checked the specs on the Internet and there found that the viewing angle L-R is 45-45. Please help me someone. I am totally at a toss. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. razor2890

Thanks Received:
    This should not have happened... I have bought 2 LG LED monitors for myself and 4 for friends and never had any problems... I even had an LG LCD monitor which worked well for over 5 years(I dropped it accidentally).
    I am from Mumbai... & I have got to tell you that LG has excellent customer support here.
    LG Monitors have 3 years warranty...
    Tell them the problem & if the monitor really faulty they will replace it... though they would not let you change the model of purchase..(you may have to pay more for other model by giving back the one you bought for a lower price...)
    I had a problem of slow response of monitor and when I complained to them, LG Manager told me that the product I bought is not faulty, but as user you are not satisfied. So I cannot help you there....

But as you say if the panel of your monitor is not from the model you purchased, then lodge a complaint, they will send a guy within 24-48 hrs...

3. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    I know I know they make good monitors. I had a LG W1943S and it was awesome. But a thief broke it and then only we purchased the new one. But as I said, the specs do not match. The viewing angle is horrible. And it is giving us too much trouble.

4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Go back to store and get them to replace. If product is not as described, or there are major problems, I believe you are entitled to a refund/replacement. Well, generally true for all countries, not sure about India.

5. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I will be trying that. A technician will come tomorrow. I will tell him. And I have sent a message regarding this issue to the LG India Facebook page. Lets see what they do.

6. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    You are having bad luck with monitors man :(

They should get you sorted, as frustrating as it is, it is their (retailer/manufacturer) responsibility. Especialy regarding discrepancies in the actual panel! Pretty sure LG is registered with the Better Business Bureau, you could file a complaint if needed.

Good luck :toast:

7. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man. Lets see if good luck favors me now. But one thing is for sure, after this kind of frustration, I will never buy another LG product ever again no matter how much good they are. :( I will keep you updated.

8. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    See if you can get them to upgrade you to an LG factory made panel. 2 DOA you should have a pretty good case for them to upgrade you.

9. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Where did you buy these from? Sounds like a shaddy retailer hawking off bootleg crap. Which from what I hear is pretty common in countries like india.

10. razor2890

Thanks Received:
    That is the problem here man...
    The companies will replace it.. but the dealers wont replace things you purchase so easily...
    They will find excuses and delay by about a week....
    Also if we ask a particular specs in monitors, dealer will say this monitors got everything you asked and when you use it and see that certain aspects are missing & complain, dealer will say you should have known that at the time of purchase...

Dealers here have pathetic attitude to customers who have bought products...
    @itsakjt : It will be better if you ask LG for a replacement and not the dealer..

11. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    @everyone- A technician came and we showed him the problem. The microcontroller PCB is dead and he said that it will be replaced. I then told him about the viewing angle issues I was having. He told that he would see what he can do. :)