1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My New Build finally finished

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Enmitynz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Enmitynz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man but what is wd40? Lol

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Very nice & clean build man:toast: & do I see Cadbury roses? Yum :eek:

3. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    Sweet Build!

Very nice, especially since you got rid of the lighting hardware. Nothing looks quite like a clean white case build done right. The only thing I would've done different is to put the brag decals on the inside somewhere, instead of the side of the case. It just ruins the clean look for me, too much like what the O.E.M.s plaster on their cases. Just my honest opinion, not trying to take anything away from your sweet machine! Trust me, I was tempted to put mine on the outside, since this is the first high-end PC I've built. Here's where I ended up putting mine...[​IMG]

4. Liquid Cool

Liquid Cool

Thanks Received:
    Nice rigs. Very Clean look to it....especially dig those lighted Sapphire video cards.

A small note on sticker residue. The best item I've used is OOPS! by Homax. It will remove sticker residue on anything - instantly, or the best home remedy is...peanut butter, let it sit on the sticker residue overnight and then wipe it off. Works every time.

Best,

Liquid Cool

5. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Time for a bigger monitor!

6. Enmitynz

Thanks Received:
    hey there guys, it's been a little while but I'm back! It seems I didn't recieve the email notification that you guys had replied here so apologies for that.

Hood - nice rig bro! and thank you for the suggestion in terms of sticker placement - I actually agree and may look at moving my case badges due to your comment and seeing how cool it looks inside your case :)

Liquid Cool - Thanks for the suggestions man, im still struggling with the remainder of the superglue and sticky foam pad on mt power supply - things I have tried are nail polish remover and also Terpentine - no dice :( although I didn't let it sit on it for long, just tried to scrub it off as I was worried it might eat the paint off my PSU lol.

So Peanut Butter huh? tried it with superglue before?

Anyway, i've got a little update as over the weekend I managed to be bribed to go to auckland with my mrs coz, and I quote "we could go to computerlounge??"...to which I replied "can I actually buy something there?" lol So yeah I got a couple of little things.

[​IMG]
    ^^A sleeved ATX cable! that original one looked like arse.

[​IMG]
    ^^This is the PCI Slot PCB of the NZXT Sleeved LED Kit

[​IMG]
    ^^And Lastly I got a couple of SP120 Quiet Edition Fans, and then discovered that I can actually fit Push Pull, but only just...literally 1-2mm from my ram haha.

[​IMG]
    Here's a few pics of how its looking now, The flash kinda washes out the Blue here but I'll chuck a couple of lights off pics up for ya.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^This is the intensity I like to have the LEDs set at - Lowest. These babies are BRIGHT, so bright that I think I should probably have gone for white LED's now, also after setting this all up and seeing it, i'm thinking of re-routing the LEDs completely around the outside edge of the entire case because it kinda doesn't look right to me with only the window area blue - also making it way too blue as it's too concentrated.

I dunno, what do you guys reckon?

7. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    I've been looking real hard at NZXT's Hue lighting system. Supposedly it's not quite as bright as LED kits with only one color, but this will give you any color you desire and several different patterns of flashing/pulsing/color changing so you can light up your PC like a carnival if you wish, or change it according to the season or holiday. For $33 you get 2 meters of RGB strip and a 5.25 control panel - pretty cheap for what it can do.

8. LagunaX

LagunaX

Thanks Received:
    Will it play Crysis?!? :laugh:

Just kidding - sweet rig, man! :toast:

9. Symetrick New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks great. If you dont mind may I suggest you grabbing a set of corsair single sleeved cables. If you ask me adding white or blue single sleeved cables to that case would make it bang.

Looks great though and good luck trying to replace ur sound card.

10. Enmitynz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, yeah that hue kit does look pretty awesome hey? In regards to the corsair sleeved kit, yeah i dunno if ill buy it for a while coz im actually quite happy with the cables at stock, as long as i cant see the multicoloured wires im happy lol this is why i replaced the atx cable :) im happy with it now.

Oh and i replaced the soundcard already man, replaced the dg with a dgx so it fits perfectly above the graphics cards :)

Haha, surprisingly it plays crysis 1, 2 and the crysis 3 beta haha - but only just ;)

11. Symetrick New Member

Thanks Received:
    It should OWN crysis 3 beta. I have the previous gen i5-2550k and 1 gtx 660 3g model and I can run crysis three on custom settings with around 40 - 60 fps.

Glad you got ur sound card in and yah, the cables are really a necessity just a nice look.

12. Enmitynz

Thanks Received:
    Lol yeah man it runs it perfectly. Heres a couple more night pics after i re routed the nzxt led kit again. I think it looks much better now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MT Alex says thanks.
  13. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Wicked build

Enmitynz says thanks.
  14. Enmitynz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man much appreciated :)

15. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    You've made some really great progress on an already nice build. Congrats:toast:

Enmitynz says thanks.
  16. Enmitynz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks so much man! Im really proud of it aye. Due to money restraints i dont get to build pcs as much as id like to, so wanted this one to really count.

17. rickss69

Thanks Received: