1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My 'New' Rig *FIRST PICS OF THE BEAST* & My Setup

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FreedomEclipse, Apr 12, 2009.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    (Right, Dunno where to post this so if any mods want to move this thread to a more suitable part of the forum, please do as u see fit.)

After a long wait & a few finishing touches here & there Ive finally got the pics up of my 'new' rig I built like last month. Apologies for not uploading sooner.

I didnt do any major modding to the case as i lack the skills and the tools so. all ive really done is added some lighting & tydied up the wiring a bit inside.

The pics are also of my setup. & I hope to be getting a new illuminated keyboard to go with this setup as it looks fucking awesome when im sitting in the dark

so heres the pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

apologies for the rather low quality - the best camera I can currently get my hands on is an old Sony DSC-P8 3.2MP that was released back in 2003 (LULS)

The wiring is not that perfect yet. but it cant be helped. ive tidied up as much as i can in such a small case. my 4870 is so close to my hard drives its almost having sex with them

*P.S

Forgot to added that I also swapped out ATi's Vapour-X cooler on my 4870 temps are about 44-46'c Idle & 50-55'c Load. where as the Vapour-X use to let temps run up to 65'c+
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice setup....the 902 treating you well or is it still as bad as the 900 for cable management??
  3. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    its a 902 not a 1200.

well since im more use to working with ATX cases fitting everything inside was a pit of a pain in the arse.

you have to mount the cooler on the board before you install it which makes a it a little more difficult.

as for cable management - stick with the Antec 1200. more space = more room to tuck cables away.

its really cramped inside this case once all the kit is in
  4. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I begg to differ... with the 900's its all in placement and the way your PSU is mounted.. here's a few pix of my 900 v.2 (not the 902)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  5. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gotta work extra hard to make the 900's shine....my Lian Li is soooo much nicer to work on and I cant express how happy I am with it.
  6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    you just made me realise what an idiot i was.......

Of course i can shift the hard drive cage up a little more so that it sits under the DVD drive /facepalm

Ugh.......
  7. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    second re-wire complete. both hard drive caddys shifted up underneath the dvd rom. cables are much neater :laugh::laugh: