1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My new system bottlenecking ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by StanMen, Feb 10, 2012.

1. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey every one, last one i gost my new sistem set, and i want to ask you guys can help me find a beter one do i get buttlenaking if put my Gigabyte HD6870 in my new sistem ?

so specs :

CPU; Intel(R) Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 (2CPUS) OC 3.8Ghz
    MOBO; Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo rev1.4 F4 OC ED, PCI-EX16 2.0
    HDD;160 SATA 2, 3GB/s
    PowerSupply; 580 Watts
    RAM; Corsair XMS DDR2 800 OC 1333 2x 2Gb 4Gb Dual-Chanel
    OS;Windows 7 Ultimate x86 32Bit SP1

I want to know if tere wold be an problem if i plug the Gigabyte HD 6870 OC Ed.

and my mobo also have DDR3 OC chanel 1333 that go to 1600 MHZ in dual-chanel i belive :rockout:

help :respect:

2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    That one of those funky DDR2 and DDR3 boards?

Offhand I think this is cool for a 6870 but that's probably about as powerful as you'd want to go. It's good/helpful that you have the CPU OC to 3.8Ghz but you could also really benefit from a quad core these days.

StanMen says thanks.
  3. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Nah man you're good to go with that config.:toast:

StanMen says thanks.
  4. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Will need to switch over to a Sandy Bridge setup if you plan on crossfire. For now no bottleneck.

StanMen says thanks.
  5. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys hehe very much i will post some photos on this tred and comment xD ha one thing dont look at cabels in my case i will by new case for next month
    :D

6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good man...

StanMen says thanks.
  7. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    he xD the photos ar uploading :D buddy can you tell me one thing the 6850 is also good card right ? wat is yor set in bf3 with it ?

thanks for help realy buddy and every one :toast:

8. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    160GB HDD, that is going to be slow, lucky if you average 80MB/s and it will make the system feel slower with things like loading Windows and apps etc no modern system should have less than a 320/500GB HDD anything less and the HDD will be slow compared to modern standards, that said though as far as gaming goes, no bottleneck with an E7500@3.8GHZ and a HD 6870.

StanMen says thanks.
  9. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Get the 6870. Gonna be OK.

StanMen says thanks.
  10. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    your not gonna bottle neck the card .. BUT a quad core would help ...

StanMen says thanks.
  11. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey guys i have some pics of stress tests in prime95, i set my CPU the stock clocks to see the temps and how is going acting in stress tests, ok sin core temp in 2 Picture i have selected the temps the selected temp 40-45 is idel temp and the 47-52 is full load temp this is normal i have in idel the temp 45-40 ? now next here pictures and can you help me make good oc with this ? i going upload pictures with setings of Tune6 the voltage and CPU configurations, and i'm waiting my Liquid cooling Corsair H70 so then i make more clock but i want it now oc with stock to see some results help me :D

the test with prime95 is 1h

Pic 1:
    [​IMG]

Pic 2: selections read pls in red.
    [​IMG]

and i see one thing in temp wen i see the temperature in Tune 6 is idel 20cº and wen i turn on the CoreTemp is show me 40-45cº ? there are problem ?
    thanks guys hlp reach good oc, caus i had a 3.8 oc but dont know if it was stabel so i hant your help :D

12. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pic settings 1:

[​IMG]

Pic Settings 2:

[​IMG]

and last picture look at temps idel on Tune 6 and Core Temp and this is normal that on original Mobos program showing that temps and in CoreTemp show other info ?

and look at ram config in CPU-Z

[​IMG]

13. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    StanMen says thanks.
  14. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    PROTIP: Find another PSU. Eurotech PSUs are a good choice for computers that stick to web browsing little more. 580W is peak power. I'd say the bets that could do is 450W. Expect a fiery death if you push it too hard.
    And, just like the VSTA, that board isn't cut out for OC.
    You should really start worrying about other aspects of the hardware instead of bottlenecks, because unless you have a really slow processor (below 2GHz), hard drive or less than 1GB of RAM, bottlenecks aren't going to happen.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    StanMen says thanks.
  15. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey guys i just want finde a optimal setting of oc for my cpu :D my mobo is good for OC caus it say on box of mobo that is has a durablity and oc perfomance and it say on mobo OC, i know that there are much beter mobos with best oc perfomance but i have dicent mobo for oc i think is not best but is ok i ma right ? :D so the cpu is very cool is fast and the ram is f..ing good and fast too and is top quality ram from corsair is a very good brand :p so my sistem i think is good and not bad and i will now recive my new cooler H70 and i stil don't know if i going plug an 6870 or 6850 from Gigabyte :D

and yha the PSU need J you right about that :D i'm thinking on Corsair PSU 650 Watt :) or xfx my sistem is ok just some agustmentes need in Cooler and PSU :p

Hey dude :D thanks i have this prog allrady but is same thing now i'm going try some other progs SpeedFan and CPU speed proffecionals

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
  16. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome. Another good one is Open HW Monitor http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

What exactly are you having trouble with on OC'ing? I suggest waiting for that new psu before trying tho.

StanMen says thanks.
  17. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks again buddy, this is same that Linus use in hes program on youtube chanel NCIX Tech Tips :D i like hes progs :D i allrady talk with him about pc and he told me that is good machin for games and for working, and my mobo was relise on 5/30/2011 so my mobo iven has one year yet is a new one model and good one caus i have 775 and new chipest sets on mobo and it also have a dual bios wich i think is very nice :) wich card do you think plug in an 6870 or 6850 the card ar prity similar in my opinion

:D i don't geting any problems with nothing buddy i just want help to get dicent oc for now with stock cooler and my 580 PSU xD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
  18. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Going by your specs 3.8Ghz is a good feat on that G41 board you got. Congrats! Was thinking you were having issues wth the overclock itself (BSOD's, losing USB devices, no boot, etc.)

StanMen says thanks.
  19. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Box art doesn't mean squat.
    Yes, it can OC, the options are in the BIOS, but it lacks the circuitry to achieve anything decent and stable. It can give a small GHz bump, but not something entirely noticeable or lasting (if the VRMs aren't cooled properly). Your RAM is good, no doubt, and helps the OC results, although I still think that motherboard is going to be the weak link there. I still deem it not worth the time. But it's your hardware anyway, not mine. Do whatever you can with it. This is just my opinion.
    Yes, you're on the right track. Both brands have good PSUs and 650W is enough for that system.

Another thing, please, stop triple/double-posting. Use the "edit" button.

StanMen says thanks.
  20. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    no m8 :D i'm good with mobo and all rest :) just want your help guys to try best oc on this if you see my pics i put my CPU on stock speeds and want your advices and i falow to rich beter clocks and stabel sistem perfomance :D

and thanks again m8 ! :rockout:

For J :D

thanks buddy, i was talking right now with the manafactures of the Gigabyte and they told that the mobo is rady for good OC and is properly mad for that cind of things and can give me a full control of sistem i have a Solid capacitors total control of VRM and Voltage in BIOS i also saw in BIOS that i have OC key, and the guys from Gigabyte told i have total control of OC and my mobo give my CPU full power and i have full expirence of 45nm tecnology perfomance :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  21. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey dude i got this OC and sims its stabel but temps asr not so well, but look m8 with this clock i get in cinebench 1.93 at 3.5Ghz, now i take oc down to stock speeds becaus i wait for my watter cooling sistem is H70 Corsair and then i put this cpu as rocket at 3.8Ghz here see a pic of OC;

[​IMG]
    :rockout:

JrRacinFan says thanks.
  22. JrRacinFan

Thanks Received:
    Actually your temps are just fine. 70C; then I would start worrying. What's realtemp/HWmon saying for your cores?

StanMen says thanks.
  23. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    HW mon buddy i didn't saw the temps on it but in Core Temp and in to Gigabyte saying tht totaly it was 53c and the cores ar 60-56Cº and in SpeedFan is same dude :D

JrRacinFan says thanks.
  24. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Temps are good then.

StanMen says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    so the temps are good right ?
    but i wondering here one thing wen i was doing a torture test on prime, so my CPU is Core 2 Duo and in prog the cores are with this falowing names Core #0 is n1 and core n2 is core #1 wen the core #1 rech a test number 4 i belive if i'm not rong the prime stoped work at core #1 and show that there was error so is not good right ? onte thing i didn't saw was a Voltage on CPU Vcore so