• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My quiet Cosmos - Phase 2

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I love the looks of the case my friend. I am just a awww about it all...

Now, for some questions... is it at 32c on a oc of the CPU or just everyday thing? Because, It would be around 25c if it was just to the CPU.. You also have to think about how you have two GPU's that are going threw the water loop as well. So, the higher temperature has to do with the fact it's taking more to cool the water.. Getting better fans, may do the trick, or adding just another say 240 rad will help also...
But, tell me anything you can think of, and we'll make sure that baby is the best for ya man!

Great work!!!

:toast:

System Name My quiet Cosmos
Processor AMD64X2 6000+ @3.0 Ghtz
Motherboard ASUS M2N32-SLI Delux
Cooling Custom Watercooling setup
Memory 4*1gb OCZ Platinum
Video Card(s) 2 * XFX 8800GTX
Storage 2*Western Digital 250GB sataII, Hitachi Deskstar 250Gb sataII, Maxtor 160GB ata
Display(s) V7 22inch TFT
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos RC1000
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 ZS platinum
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 750 Power Supply + OCZ 520w modstream
Software XP pro SP3
@ DonInKansas

Strange you should mention that...
whilst I think I shall leave the main speakers as they are my next little project is to sort out some 6" speakers that I have to augment the current speakers - of course these will be mounted in custom built boxes, currently thinking of 8" plastic balls, painted matching purple and mounted (removeable) to the back of my chair.

Going to have a rest before that one though.

@coldstorm.

Cheers. Haven't overclocked anything yet. Am sure swapping the fans will help a lot as the current ones are quite low cfm and speed.
Of course I could just leave them as they are and the temps would still be ok. 32-37 on the cpu cores is hardly excessive.
At the moment I still have lots to load back onto the drives, plus for some annoying reason some progs are encountering an unexpected error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience :banghead:
Might just cut my losses and clean install before I get too much further.

Of course, I might live with it for a little while longer and load up racedriver GRID and the wheel and peddles I got yesterday and have a blast on that :)

K

kyle2020

Gorgeous. Im getting a cosmos soon and this is exactly what i was looking to do in terms of watercooling. Dont hate me if i steal a few ideas! :D

Loving that res and how you have mounted the radiator. Can i ask, what temps do you get with the overall setup? (GFX + CPU?)

Thanks again!

System Name My quiet Cosmos
Processor AMD64X2 6000+ @3.0 Ghtz
Motherboard ASUS M2N32-SLI Delux
Cooling Custom Watercooling setup
Memory 4*1gb OCZ Platinum
Video Card(s) 2 * XFX 8800GTX
Storage 2*Western Digital 250GB sataII, Hitachi Deskstar 250Gb sataII, Maxtor 160GB ata
Display(s) V7 22inch TFT
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos RC1000
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 ZS platinum
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 750 Power Supply + OCZ 520w modstream
Software XP pro SP3
Hello Kyle2020

Glad to hear your getting a Cosmos. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

As regard temps.
Bearing in mind that the fans that I have on the rad aren't that powerful - around 57-62cfm if memory serves me correctly, the temps aren't too bad considering that there are 2 beefy graphics cards and a amd 64x2 6000+ processor.

Running on idle and just doing general stuff such as surfing the net I get average temps of around 31-33 degrees Celsius.

Playing CPU and GFX intensive apps - such as the excellent X series of games and the temp shoots up to 48.
Starting to get a little warm but not excessively.

I have left it running overnight a few times and forgot that I had turned the fans off and woke up to find that it had been sitting at a toasty 83 degrees for god knows how long.

If I were too put in stronger fans then I am sure that I could get the temps down further but I don't want to make the noise sacrifice

Last edited:
K

kyle2020

Those temps are still excellent when you factor in 2 cards aswell!

Ill only be running (at first) a cpu loop with a 24cm rad mounted the same way yours is - im going to have to look into those reservoirs, im loving how that looks.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
that sir is a badass case mod - I wish i had your skills & also such resources at hand then mayde i could start modding too

Odin Eidolon

Processor e6300 @ 3000, stock Volts
Motherboard msi p35 neo2-FIR
Cooling HDT-1283
Memory 2gb tracers 1066 micron d9GMH, cooled by a modded CoolIt Memory Cooler
Video Card(s) HIS 4850 ICEQ4
Storage WD Caviar 16 320gb WDAAKS + 640gb WDAAKS
Case CM RC-690 sligthly modded
Power Supply Bequiet darkpower PRO 850W (say overkill? :D)
Software kubuntu 8.10 + Windows XP, soon Windows 7 too
lovable!

BUT why do you use those crappy xilence fans? I have four (payed 2€ each) and they really suck