1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

my radeon 9600 pro can not booting

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ekoteguh, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ekoteguh New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have radeon 9600 pro 128mb (gigabyte). i tried to install dna driver but then my comp hang after loading windows with monitor blank.
    and then again i installed that real driver but within short again in windows n got hang,before hang a try to looking display properties i got vpu error recovery or something like that.but in safe mode my comp not hang for long time.
    before this i tried using dna driver didnt like this.
    at present my comp can not booting n always sound beep-beep-beep
    Whats wrong with my vga?how to solve it?
    i tried to mod bios or change bios (with vga pci adapter) always error (not found adapter/error 0FL01)
    when i touch vga is running/hot (standard)
    please some body help me......thx before
  2. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Go into safemode and clean out all the drivers and get the newest offical Cats form ATI.com.

-Dan
  3. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If the PC is crashing before it even starts loading windows than you will have to use your PCI card - this will mean that you don't need to go into safe mode. Try using Driver Cleaner to get rid of the old ATI drivers - now called driver cleaner professional. It's free here is the site: http://www.drivercleaner.net/
  4. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    If his computer is crashing before loading Windows its not driver related. He said its crashing after Windows loading is finished. I don't know what he means about it not booting now. I think he means he flashed and its not working, but I can't tell. If so, then he might need a PCI card if he has no monitor picture and then he has to flash his orginal bios.

-Dan
  5. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    True - the thing that makes me think it might be before windows loads is the "Beep, Beep, Beep." From my experience when windows crashes you normally only get 1 beep. Like you say, if that is the case it can't be drivers so my last post was a bit stupid.
  6. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    From what I can understand, is that he flashed his bios and its not booting now? :confused: Plus what problems he had prior to the flash. Am I right ekoteguh?

-Dan
  7. ekoteguh New Member

Thanks Received:
    no,i flash bios after my comp sound beep-beep (like bios not detect vga). can i solve it? if i try any vga my comp is working (normal). and why if i try flash bios always error (not found adapter/error 0FL01)
  8. ekoteguh New Member

Thanks Received:
    no,i flash bios after my comp sound beep-beep (like bios/comp not detect vga). can i solve it? if i try any vga my comp is working (normal). and why if i try flash bios always error (not found adapter/error 0FL01)
  9. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Can you try the video card in another computer? See if it does the same thing. Check to make sure the card is properly seated aswell, it could have got loose.

-Dan
  10. ChAce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unless its not properly seated (you did also put in a possible 12V connector?) its probably dead...
  11. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    They don't even need a 12v...

Seems to me it might be dead too, if it wasn't booting before a flash. Doesn't look good. :( But trying it in another computer will help to see what it is.

-Dan
  12. ekoteguh New Member

Thanks Received:
    yupz...i try my radeon in another comp and same problem,always beep-beep.
  13. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dead by the sound of it... could give you a good excuse for an upgrade though.