1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My rig just crapped out on me :( help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by t77snapshot, Oct 24, 2009.

1. legends84

legends84

Thanks Received:
    seems like the same problem with my Asus M3N-HT deluxe mempipe where the post hangs.. yes you can flash your bios with usb/pendrive with that board.
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  2. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    My pc doesn't turn off right away, it stays on. I ran 3.35 for a couple months when I posted it in my system spec. Since then (around 3 months ago) I dropped the clocks down to 3.0 Ghz 24/7. I've been running the psu for 1 year exactly.

You caught me...:laugh:

YES. with all hardware and fans the comp runs, but I have know idea what it is doing because I cant see it.

That is some good news and I also want to say again that I have had post problems in the past with this board, but after a couple of restarts it would work. Not this time:(

------
    You guys might be right, maybe it is the psu. I have had problems with the psu before ( not sure if that was related to the post problems in the past. The Tt used to shut down when I was trying to achieve higher overclocks on my cpu and gpu's simultaneously.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel your pain t77snapshot. I was where you are a week ago.

Now let me ask how old is your PSU?

Edit: I just read the above posts and seen someone else already brought up the PSU.
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  4. fafa21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    are you sure its not your ram. bc i had the same problem my mobo would not turn on bc i had a dead stick of ram. i had to try each stick individually and reset the cmos each time until i found a stick that worked.
  5. zaqwsx

zaqwsx

Thanks Received:
    Try a different psu or turn your pc on and off like a hard shut down I would say keep all the hd unplugged and also push the graphic cards all the way in. What’s weird was when I was using my old motherboard I had the problem but as long as I got my pc to boot it ran fine. Since then I have completely gotten a new pc and I still have the problem but this one can be fixed by shutting off the switch on the back of the psu and turning it back on like a quick shut off where everything is about to power down and then you switch it and it powers back up by itself without pushing the on button. What would happen on my old setup was I would shut it down a few times sometimes it would take forever sometimes not and I would get the error like to many cold boot starts your system might be oc’ed improperly even though it wasn’t and then it would work also when I messed with bios setting the pc would do it again even a bios update didn’t fix my problem.
  6. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Update:

I was really hoping to was a bad psu and not the mobo, so I tried another power supply with the same results.(no monitor post) :( I guess my last option is to flash the bios.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    You can't flash a bios on board that won't post UNLESS it is socketed and willing to hot flash from another working board.

It's VERY dangerous and could render the working board useless.

May want to RMA it.
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  8. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    It's not socketed so I will just RMA the board.

Thanks for your help-
    Crunching for Team TPU