1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My Steam Account Got Banned..

Discussion in 'Games' started by jellyrole, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have any idea how many people say : i didn`t cheat , my brother did !? lol
    They won't do sh**
  2. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    *waves hand flippantly like he is ceasar* i will allow it.

i would like to see the outcome of this so no locking of the thread.

and please no more flaming guys. we could all actually learn something valuable from this :toast:
  3. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I feel for you Jellyrole, I was just pointing out Valves prior stances on this. I'd hate to be banned, especially if I did nothing.

Have you noticed anything weird happening, like when you get home and see a message from Steam saying that you were logged out because you were logged into another computer? Stuff like that.
  4. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    lol..
    Yep, like one more reason to password protect your pc.
    Or change existing passwords every now and then, people can get hacked to.
    It's not unheard of, steam accounts have been stolen and will likely continue to be. Who knows, could be some smart guy out there hacking different people. Dam sure looks like he didn't skimp on the hacks..
    Wasn't even trying to hide it was he.
  5. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i always figured that if you account got banned then you would receive an official email from steam stating the reason.

when you launch MW2 does that code just start spewing? how did you find out you were banned?
  6. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
  7. coxmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    He had an issue with steam not actually connecting to the IWnet system when launching MW2, but so did I, and a ton of other people when the new steam system launched
  8. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Cox and I were about to frag and I opened up cod and then almost ready to click the play button in game then this pops up(I DO NOT HAVE THE CONSOLE UNLOCKED/ENABLED):
    [​IMG]
    More than 25k PPD
  9. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:

quoting a steam mod... u fail sir
  10. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Would you fucking open your owl eyes and read? Honestly, I said that I don't have the console enabled in my the post with that screen shot..
    More than 25k PPD
  11. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    well.....its not anymore obvious here m8. Sorry:shadedshu
    it says console.......
  12. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    According to that topic "I read all of it" the only way you can even access that information you copied and pasted, all of that stuff that says why you got banned on the main page, was if you hacked.
    That list of information is not even available unless you hack/change a file in the game, which would alone get you VAC banned on the spot.
    So even your copied and pasted statement about you not hacking, is a hack as far as VAC is concerned.

On a side note: Seriously this thread needs to stop, who does this guy think he is cussing at everyone like this?
  13. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    this is getting silly guys, so im gona post the solution. Unfortunately jelly nothing can be done steam will never reverse bans. The only solution is to create another account and buy MW2 again. Its annoying yes when things like this happen. It might be a mistake so contact steam and ask them why your having this problem logging in as you have never used a hack. I have never used hacks on online games and i have never been banned from any game by mistake or without fault.

My brother did get banned though from TF2 via steam as he was running a half life 2 trainer for the single player (dont ask he is only 13) exited before running anything else and he got banned from all his valve online games. Kinda sucks but they have to be strict because we all HATE hackers.

Good luck getting it sorted anyways.
  14. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Just get out of the thread unless you want to say something intelligent, and maybe even read first. Stop following what he says.
    More than 25k PPD
  15. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    But seeing that you have the console open instead of getting the normal "Cheat detected" message. It's hard to believe in you.

THIS IS WRITTEN BY A STEAM MOD

u, or some1 who uses ur computer hacked. END OF DISCUSSION otherwise the console wouldnt open.
  16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, there have been enough insults thrown around in this thread now. It's unfortunate you cannot carry a conversation here without the insults. Fact of the matter is, there is nothing we can do about your account. This is between you and Steam. End of thread.
    HeroPrinny, Taz100420 and D007 say thanks.