1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My VelociRaptor 150gb got Bad Sectors anything i can do or new hdd/ssd? ._.

Discussion in 'Storage' started by puma99dk|, Aug 22, 2011.

1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i tried "Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics" on my Raptor and the Extended test fails saying too many bad sectors anything i can do? i think it's too old for RMA ._.

so what can i do?

if i wants a new VelociRaptor costs around 108euro and ino i can get a 60gb SSD for that price with price but what is best for 24-7 (yes all 365days a year) run?

i have been looking at ADATA S596 Turbo 64GB SSD and Corsair F60A 60GB SSD they both got Trim support so they should be fine or am i wrong?

and i only got 108euro that's shipped so tight budget, i love my Raptor disk and i have been thinking just to buy another one, but i dunno, only thing ino is that i won't be disappointed with a Western Digital Veloci Raptor bcs they run like a dream.
  2. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    How long have you had the velociraptor?
    I would have assumed the velociraptor would have the same 5 year warranty as the Black edition hard drives.
  3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i bought it used, but if i remember correct, i never got the receipt on it, but i will check when i get home how old it is, but if i need to ship it to Western Digital in germany that alone will cost me around 28euro.
  4. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    The drive is dying and needs to be replaced asap - don't use it or you'll suffer data loss.

Depending on how WD's customer care policies, you might still be able to get a replacement drive, even though you bought it used.
  5. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I can see how the shipping would make you reluctant to RMA.

Is there a way to check online at the WD site to see if it is still under warranty like the Seagate site?
  6. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    looks like the warranty rain out 7months and 3days ago :cry:

[​IMG]

so i guess i can't rma it, without it will cost me more than the shipping cost ._.

Attached Files:

7. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    They knew it was gong to fail a few months after from general use!
    Lol

I wouldn't bother RMAing the drive then.
    Time to go back to looking at an SSD.
    I would personally go with the Corsair but I am only going by brand reputation.
  8. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    if i am lucky i have maybe digged up a used VelociRaptor 150gb, and if i am lucky there will be a receipt for this one, so i may can extend warrenty.
  9. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    If you have the paypal receipt on when you bought it then they will adjust the warranty. I did this on a WD 400GB drive and they sent me back a 500GB blue drive :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    nope we don't use paypal that much in my country and i bought it on tweak.dk's forum so i can't do that, when i didn't get the receipt brandonwh64 but it was a nice thought ^^;