1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] n.audBl 1.1

Discussion in 'Case Mod Gallery' started by EnergyFX, Jun 18, 2008.

1. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    To view this case mod, go here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Specs:
    Thermaltake Tai Chi Extruded Aluminum Case
    ASUS Striker Extreme - nVidia 680i chipset
    Pentium E8500 @ 4.00
    4 GB OCZ SLI-Edition PC2 8500 (4x 1GB)
    Dual EVGA 8800 GTX ACS3 in SLI
    ASUS Ageia PhysX Processor
    Avermedia PCI-E TV Tuner
    Dual WD 150GB Raptors in RAID 0
    Dual WD 1TB Cavair in RAID 1 for Media Storage
    ULTRA 1000w Power Supply
    Creative Fatal1ty Platinum X-Fi Soundcard (ribbon cable stripped and sleeved)
    4 Koolance radiators (1000w externally mounted, 3x400w internally mounted)
    3 Koolance PMP-400 pumps mounted on a Noise Isolating Panel
    White Cathode Lighting behind Pump Mounting Panel

Mods:
    Cut out rear fan opening. Fabricated pump mounting panel, intake hose manifold mounting panel, and front bay dual radiator setup. Nickel plated and lapped D-Tek Fuzion. See worklog for more info.

Super quiet during light to medium computing, and quieter than one would expect during gaming. Stay tuned, n.audBl 2.0 is in the works.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  2. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    To answer one question before it is even asked... here is a diagram of the cooling circuit:

[​IMG]

I welcome your feedback, whether it be good or bad. Please don't hesitate to throw your 2 cents out. And even more so... please respect other people's right to submit their opinion.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  3. pentastar111

Thanks Received:
    I cannot compare to this rig...Not that I would even try...and it is a bit over the top as far as complexity for my taste...BUT!!! It sure looks sweet! 10/10

4. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    1.Pictures = Nobel Prize
    2.Complexity, I like that word,, Got it from pentastar111 = Nobel Prize
    3.Design = Nobel Prize
    4.Creativity = Nobel prize
    5.Originality = Nobel Prize
    6.Execution = Nobel Prize
    7.hardware = Nobel Prize
    8.Wire/M = Nobel Prize
    9.Fabrication = Nobel Prize
    10.The Balls to put a system this Wicked Together = Nobel Prize

5. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Incredible work. Beautiful setup. 10/10.

6. Thermaltake

Thermaltake New Member

Thanks Received:
    10/10 why? perfect cable managment,excelent water cooling setup,sweet hardware all perfect keep the good work man :)

7. Kovoet

Kovoet

Thanks Received:
    10/10 awesome rig

8. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    This. Is. Awesome.

I just see the Sata cables...damn! O_O

10/10 is the least one can vote

9. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    ya, you know who you are, A Coward, The one that leaves the unfair rating & takes off without posting. It was kind of you to stop by & strike again.

10. Dia01

Dia01 New Member

Thanks Received:
    10/10. A few unfair posts there, again. Very nice job, a maintenence nightmare though!

11. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    it happens.

12. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I dont pay too much attention to the #s. The comments are 1000X more important to me.

By the way I hope sometime I get to see this comp in person

13. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Still as sweet as the first one dude! 10/10

14. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for compliments everyone, especially Steelkane... now that's feedback! Personally I would like to see the whole scoring/rating system fall along the lines of what you posted. A lot of people post their system here wanting to get feedback on what to improve. A scoring system that pinpoints individual aspects of the rig would allow us to rate systems much more accurately.

FYI, Initially I was just going to update the original 'n.audBl' gallery submission with new pictures and specs, but I decided enough has changed to warrant just starting a new thread. If I had just updated the pictures and specs on the old one then a lot of the old discussion wouldn't have made sense anymore.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  15. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    Man, pardon my french, but that looks fucking sweet... It emitts a blue glow which looks awesome as well... *Drools*

16. Thermaltake

Thermaltake New Member

Thanks Received:
    how all voted 10 and the result is 9 ? i dont understand and this mob deserves only a 10! cz the work is done is big is not only the setup of the hardware

17. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    This PC makes me cry D:

ITS TOO GOOD! 10/10

18. Gam'ster

Gam'ster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Words cannot describe it i mean that, the detail, the components, the complexity and time spent.
    The fact you got in there with a cam is proof enough of how well laid out it is and put together it is.
    12/10 more even, best i've seen so far. Top job.

Gam

19. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would have to agree. A high rating is nice and all... but I most enjoy reading people's comments and suggestions.

20. SRoode New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is one of the most awesome setups I have ever seen. It is simply amazing, and anyone who doesn't give this a 10/10 is jealous.

Quick question on the Pump3 loads. Since they are in parallel, do you have any way of adjusting flow to each of the 3 chains? That is to say, lets say you notice that the NB segment gets too hot, do you have valves downstream to reduce flow in the other 2 segments to allow more flow to that segment? Just a question I always thought about when pondering parallel loops.

21. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    @SRoode,

Thanks for the compliment. The short answer to your question is 'no'. I spent weeks drawing diagram after diagram before I finally settled on the current configuration. Obviously Pump 3 is stressed more than the other two pumps, but that is the point of its existance. I went with the third loop for the sole purpose of allowing the CPU to have its own pump and for the GPUs to have their own pump. Originally I had intended for the PPU to be on the same circuit as the video cards, but aesthetically it just didn't work for me.

The circuit with the PPU, SB, and 4 HDDs is the most restrictive of the three circuits on Pump 3. However, these are all items that either produce the least amount of heat or are least vunerable to heat.

The circuit with the NB and VREGs recieves the highest flow. This is what I wanted... more specifically, I didn't want much restriction throught the NB. The VREGs were put on this circuit to help balance it out a bit. It still recieves a bit more flow than I would like, though. Ideally I would like to send some of this circuits flow to the PPU, SB, HDD circuit. There are devices on th market that crimp the hose to induce restriction. I'll probably end up getting one and installing it in an inconspicuous place.

Originally the RAM coolers were supposed to be in series with one another, but this proved to be far to restrictive. Putting them in parallel solved the problem.

Here is a little bit of FYI information. To determine all of this I used bubbles. During flow testing I purposely underfilled the reservoir to induce enough turbulance to form bubbles, which were then sucked up by the pump intake tube and sent through the system. I was able to observe the speed the bubbles traveled through the various circuits. The CPU curcuit flows so fast that I almost couldn't even track the bubbles. The VID circuit flows about as well as one would expect. But the 'Everything Else' circuit required a bit of tuning to get flowing the way I have it now. It's still not quite ideal, but definitely acceptable.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  22. Thermaltake

Thermaltake New Member

Thanks Received:
    to install all this water cooling is soooo difficult i can't understand how u do it but u deserve a big 10 for me but im wondering u didnt make any mistake? :p

23. SRoode New Member

Thanks Received:
    >"Here is a little bit of FYI information. To determine all of this I used bubbles. During flow testing I purposely under filled the reservoir to induce enough turbulence to form bubbles, which were then sucked up by the pump intake tube and sent through the system. I was able to observe the speed the bubbles traveled through the various circuits. The CPU circuit flows so fast that I almost couldn't even track the bubbles. The VID circuit flows about as well as one would expect. But the 'Everything Else' circuit required a bit of tuning to get flowing the way I have it now. It's still not quite ideal, but definitely acceptable."

Pure genius!

This is the best setup I have seen.

24. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    Beautifully engineered and designed. This computer has had a lot of work put into it and it shows. Unquestionably a 10.

25. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Really love the rads placed on the side panel.. with the tubes length just right.. heck if I had that pc, Id be happy just by opening and closing the side panel the whole day. hehe