1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nanoxia Deep Silence 2

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  2. JDG1980

Thanks Received:
    It would be nice if Nanoxia was able to sell these in the United States. They had the DS1 and DS2 on Newegg for about 2 weeks, then they sold out and were both marked "discontinued". No one else carries them, so unless you're willing to pay a King's ransom to get them shipped from a European seller, it's impossible to get one over here.

3. las New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn it looks SO MUCH like my Fractal Design R3 :p

The front I/O is pretty much the same.

4. BlackTitan666

BlackTitan666

Thanks Received:
    will you do a review for corsair carbide series 330r?

5. progste

Thanks Received:
    this case is amazing!

6. Mesima

Mesima New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great looking case but it reminds me of the Fractal Design R4 so much...

7. jihadjoe

jihadjoe

Thanks Received:
    Soooo where are the acoustics tests?

8. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the review. Very good case for the price, props to Nanoxia for the job well done.

-
    Please take the following as a strictly constructive criticism, and not a sign of the lack of appreciation of your hard work:

I really missed more closeups from the review. For example, you were talking about not enough space at the CPU cooler because of the weird socket placement on the motherboard. I could see it on this pics, but not clearly enough, and I wanted to zoom in (but I obviously couldn't).
    This is what I felt all the way to the end of the review at many points, that I could not see things detailed enough... but perhaps it was just me.

9. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Great review, i have this case and i agree for the price its very well built and offers some nice features. Its bordering rip off territory, but there are some subtleties that make it a little better than the Fractal cases imo.
    The plastic front i can understand due to price, but it makes up for it in other ways like the efficient noise encapsulating, the built in fan controller, length of the case, the thickness of the steel ect.
    Next i would like to see Nanoxia try a slightly more "premium" version of their cases with the price tag accordingly higher.

EDIT: The only major gripe i have is that its not very wide for very tall cpu coolers, my old lancool PC K62 could fit my Phanteks cooler with the front fan and my tall ram. The cooler fits no problem into the DS2, but the ram is slightly too tall for the first fan. So either have low profile ram or a smaller cooler. Its strange as its very long and can fit massive graphics cards, but is that cm or 2 short on the width. The DS1 is wider yet shorter in length.

10. Topforum New Member

Thanks Received:
    As you said, Fractal Design and Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 are very similar.

Which one would you buy ? Why ?

Thanks !