1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Naturally Aspired PC WaterCooling Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by EastCoasthandle, Feb 8, 2008.

1. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats the exact one Im planning on, but I had run across all the varients on it in google. Just had to satisfy my curiosity.

@ SirKeldon....this is why I asked here...Thanks for the heads up!

SirKeldon says thanks.
  2. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCP655-12-VDC-Pump-pr-2982.html

edit the link thats was the lowest ;)

sneekypeet says thanks.
  3. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
  4. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    dont you mean $10 DD cost lil bit more idk why there the same pumps ;)

5. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Get the variable speed. I found it extremely helpful when filling and bleeding my loop. It's usually an extra $30 for it. For $5 more, you'd have to be a thought-provoked monkey to say no...erm...hmm...

6. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    You need to fill your blocks bottom to top. Gravity will keep air bubbles from forming in your block.

And put your res in front of your pump (not location in the case, but in the loop). Same with the rads if they're Crossflow.

7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
  8. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Ummm.right speed switch....I dont really see a need to be honest, but I may get it just to be sure its running full out...lol.

@ Wile_e...Ever used another pump to compare to. Im not trying to kill you opinion, just asking?

9. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Well it's rumored that the non-vario pumps run at speed 4/5 while the vario can go from 1-5. The Laing D5 doesn't have numbers, just a fluid twisty-speed-thingy-ma-bobber.

sneekypeet says thanks.
  10. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Tried out a D5 for a while. I like the DDC better. There wasn't really a performance difference in my simple loop, so I'd be the wrong person to ask. I prefer the DDC for their versatility when you consider all the tops available for them.

sneekypeet says thanks.
  11. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    You both seem to mention "if" I get a new top its better. I just need the pump and my loop is only the CPU(simple). So with no ambition to actially get a different res, I think Im still going swifty.

Thanks all the same to you and MK for the option tho!

and....Ordered. Swity 665 Variable speed, on its way, hopefully by Friday!:toast:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  12. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    The new Dtek Fuzion GFX2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't found any reviews on it yet. However, its very interesting GPU WB none the less.

13. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    It also appears that iandh, the creator of creator of the IC/vreg heat sinks will also have vreg heat sinks for the 4850 and 4870 in about 2 weeks or so. So keep an eye out for places like petra, sidewinder, etc by next month or so.

14. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Thats a very good design.. I used it on my blocks quite a while ago and temps were very nice (their top is a lot prettier than mine though)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

works better with the pins separated a little more. And the D-shape or round helps flow and eliminates more of the hot spots.

15. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    What all would I need If I just wanted to cool my CPU and maybe video card? And how would the loop look?

Edit: Should also add that they both would be overclocked as high as i could get them.

16. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Very interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing this information. Do you think that design is a bit more restrictive then Maze4/5? Do you believe it will perform better then a Maze4/5?

17. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the thread :toast: (forgive me if you posted before).
    What you will need in general are:
    GPU WB: jury is out on the Dtek GFX2
    CPU WB: IMHO the Dtek Fuzion is a good option
    Tubing: you have to decide on what size you want to go with and pick your barbs accordingly. One idea is 7/16" ID which can fit 1/2" barbs
    Radiator: There are a few to choose from be it Thermochill, Swiftech, Feaser (haven't seen reviews on this yet unless I forgot, lol) and HW Labs to name a few. I would suggest a 3 fan radiator. You want a radiator that can dispense heat at a min RPM.
    Thermalright LGA775 RM Retension Bracket: This will prevent you from bowing your motherboard as you tighten down on the screws of your WB.
    Fans: You want a reliable, durable fan that can push a good amount of air at a low RPM. Without it choking do to the restriction of the radiators fins. There are a few options, IMHO Scythe SFF21E and Yate Loons medium fans are a good start.
    Tube Clamps: I would get the plastic ones.
    Finally, you will have to decide if you want to go with a reservoir or a T-line. T-Lines can reduce the amount of tubing and allow your case to have a more tidy look. However, the Tee itself can be restrictive (I wouldn't get a 1/2" Tee but the next size larger from your Hardware store). Also, compared to a reservoir takes longer to bleed the loop of airpockets/bubbles. Either way, the choice is yours which way you want to go.
    [​IMG]

18. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    Better less restriction. The curve facilitates flow, the Mazes have slots which are easier to stamp out but the pins when spaced a bit apart allow heat to be transfered 360deg. Also the Maze blocks have that divider built into the top.(adds too much turbulence)

When the pins are too close together it places a restriction on flow (adds more surface) but remember its not that easy to compress water so expecting it to flow freely through tiny close together pins is asking a bit much.

I used the enzotech blocks (saved me a ton of time making then, and have you seen the cost of proper forging machinery :laugh:) Also the Enzotech blocks are Forged (MUCH better thermal efficiency than cast)
    http://www.petrastechshop.com/encnonfocoso.html

LOL after I made those Enzotech came out with the round one, it would saved me a TON of time not having to grind the square blocks round:laugh:

(I ran the Maze 4s on my 8800GTSs and mine were 3 to 5C less)
    [​IMG]
    I cant believe I found that pict...

I bet you EastCoastHandle $.25 the GX2 is better than the maze4/5..(dont forget to remind me when the reviews start showing up, (remember Im old and will probably forget I made this bet))

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
    EastCoasthandle says thanks.
  19. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    What size tubing would you recommend?

20. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    MKmods,
    Thanks for the additional information. What would you recommend for GPU WB? Or should I keep the Maze4 for now?

Edit:
    Maybe you could shot an email to Dtek letting them know about the pin formation. Hopefully, we will see a revision before end of year (wishful thinking).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  21. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    7/16" ID 11/16" OD tubing. But this is a personal preference.

22. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    7/16 if you go with 1/2 barbs

23. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:

If the Maze4s fit I think they are a good deal (good value for the $$) No point in spending $$ till you see for sure.

By the way ECH (Im getting way too lazy to type ur whole name now) That pict of a Tee is an excellent one to use, their ID is plenty big. Thank goodness for Homedepots.:toast:

I use 1/2 free flow fittings with 3/8 hose and no clamps.

24. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ Mk : got more pix of the inside of your top?

i've got two of those T's and two elbow's in my loop, they are great!

turbulence help's to promote heat transfer

25. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    3/8s will fit through a pci slot hole on your case. So if you wanted to run your loop without cutting holes that may be the way you want to go.

If you set the whole thing in the case I would say 1/2 because you have more volume of coolant to heat up.

Me and wile have talked about this, he says that there is no gain going from 3/8 to 1/2 when I think there is.

A 240GTX radiator will work like wonders. A 120GTX radiator will work on a CPU and Video card you will just have to run the fan at a very high speed for it to keep up. The bigger the radiator, the slower you can run the fans.

That is badass