1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Naturally Aspired PC WaterCooling Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by EastCoasthandle, Feb 8, 2008.

1. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Going off that Oily, that would take me modding some stuff. I guess I could use some Zip ties but damn wouldnt that look kind of tacky. If you can maybe give me a rough drawing of what you think I may try that. Right now at least its sucking the water in. Its pretty quiet but noticeably louder than my fans. Good think Im just testing this and doing the run in the kitchen :roll:
  2. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I agree with DOM here if you could mount it on the inside of the case beside the mobo tray (on the grey part with wires coming out -in the pic) then that would be easier to route your tubing till the pump below...maybe turning the pump round 90 degrees would help.

EDIT:Maybe here would do(green mark)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
    EastCoasthandle and WarEagleAU say thanks.
  3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I will give that a try tomorrow when I get home. As I said though I got the Mcres res coming in and I may just wait for that to get in. I really do like this Bitspower though.
  4. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I think the cylindrical reservoir are easier to mount than the micro-res one's.They seem to take up less space but what ever you are happy with makes no difference.
  5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking of going with a Cylindrical res now. I have the Micro-res but I fell I need something "more" in it...

[​IMG]

Going to redo the loop in a month or so. Fix it with the loop as being all uv tubing, then probably throw the 3 sythe Kaze Slip Stream 1900rpm fans on the rad.. I love the blue, but I may just throw uv active paint on the fan casing and go with it.. But, got the UV Sata's in there and it's looking sweet now!

[​IMG]
  6. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
  7. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Idont know now. The Cylindrical one is bad ass but the MicroRes looks better and easier to mount. I need the mount kit for this bitspower.
  8. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will never touch a bottom barb res again (a reservoir with barbs at the bottom). I use to use my cylindrical res but my temps were always a few degrees higher then I'd like. Also it would shake the entire case and the noise it causes became annoying. Maybe it was because of that particular res, not sure. But I went back to my old res which has barbs on the rear instead of the bottom and not only did my temps drop but was more quieter for me as well.

Edit:
    Another thing I almost forgot, the more water you put in a bottom barb res the more pressure you needed from the pump to push the water into the res. For me this caused bubbling which caused the whole case to vibrate/rock. I could never fill it to the top because the cap just couldn't take the pressure and would leak. Overall, it was more of hassle for me.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's crazy but sooo true! For some reason I get about a 3c increase in temps using my Ek 150 over my swiftec microres. I just don't get it.:ohwell: My new radiator came in for my other case today (Lian Li V1000), and I realize I'm going to have to cut more out of my case to fit it. Everything is going to get crammed in the bottom of this case.

Attached Files:

10. kyle2020 Guest

Heres mine with my spanky new XLF fans - I think im going to re do all my tubing using black tygon or use a black dye, im not sure why but this distilled water looks cloudy when i wanted it to be crystal clear :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The zip tie is being used to keep the pump level on the case bottom, looked weird before on a tilt lol

[​IMG]

1/2" tubing = im unsure. Looks quite cool but I might go down a size.

[​IMG]

Anyway, thats my loop. It goes Pump > Radiator > FuZion > Res and so on. A bit backward I know, but idles my quad @ 3.2 at around 20 degrees celcius, im well impressed :D

Constructive criticism requested!
  11. kyle2020 Guest

Oh, and ignore the messy cables / unfinished 24 pin mod, Ive been really lazy as of recent and havent set aside a few hours to have a good clean. I will when i get my 4850 in, I promise :)
  12. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    kyle2020,
    Your setup looks fine to me :toast:. Personally I would only mount my radiator vertically. However, as long as your temps are ok you should be fine. The true test of your watercooling setup will come during the summer months (if you don't have central air, etc). IMO, as long as your temps are in the low to mid 30C idle (or lower) and no higher then the low 40C mark you should be fine.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I like it Kyle! I would love to have all of my fans be those orange and black Xigmateks. I think we have the same radiator which actually does work better in a vertical position, but I too have mine mounted like yours. Unfortunately I have a processor that reads temps on the high side constantly.
  14. kyle2020 Guest

cheers mate, what do you think to black tubing? Also, I might get a stealth 12cm and mount it at the back and then add my GFX to the loop, not sure yet.
  15. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I think it looks pretty sweet Kyle. I'd hold off for the Black tubing. There is Black dye bombs that you can grab. Probably take 3 of the small babies to do the trick.

Erocker, Your going to have to do some modding of that case! But the parts you got look pretty nice! I was looking at getting that type of res/pump combo at the first, but it I went with the swifty pump and micro...

Should be taking it apart come Thursday and finishing up what I need to do. Going to throw some Slipstreams on the res and mod them with blue led's...
  16. kyle2020 Guest

I love these fans. Think im going to do all my case in them - 61CFM and they are almost silent, im dead impressed.
  17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they're at 20dbs... It's a great fan, I had it on my GTX280 aftermarket cooler. My avatar now is with it showing..

I've fell in love with the New Kaze "slip streams" at 1900rpm's it's 110cfms.. The best part, it's only 37dbs. I can't even hear them over the yate loons.. Even less cfms... lol.

But, Kyle, if you really like Orange, GO for it! great fans!! Just might want to throw off the stickers! :roll:
  18. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Doing some cutting and fitting.:)

Attached Files:

19. Whilhelm

Whilhelm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like what I see so far, its gonna be a nice compact loop. I am interested to see the temps you get with that nice little XSPC rad.

What hardware are you going to use in that build?
  20. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure on the hardware yet, though I'll probablly test out my current system on it to see how it compares to my MCP655/120x2 "crossflo" radiator loop. Just got back from the shop, did a little more cutting. I'm going to put an Antec Tri-Cool fan on it to see how the rad performs using the three different speeds. The fins are pretty wide apart.

Attached Files:

21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That's part of the reason I love my reservoir tops for my DDC pumps. I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Greatly simplifies loop setup as well.
  22. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    @ECH I had the same problem setting up my loop with the Micro Res Rev2 and I had bubbles, once I bled the system for a few hours and put the lid on tightly, the bubbles disappeared and this is the quietest Ive seen it been since I installed it. I have my barb coming out the bottom of the res going to my pump because it was easier that way. I do have it almost to the top though but not to the top got to leave room for the circulation and what not.

I also got this Bitspower Cylindrical Res which I love but it was a pain to find a spot for it in the case. I might keep it as a back up or use it as an extra if I ever WC my chipsets, mosfets, vrms, and gpus :D
  23. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, maybe I didn't explain the situation clearly enough. I wasn't talking about air bubbles trapped somewhere in the loop. With the barbs at the bottom of the reservoir all the water exiting the radiator (from my loop) it would gush up from the bottom of the reservoir creating a continuous mini geyser. This is what causes the PC case to shake. Again, I wasn't able to fill the reservoir to the top because the cap would eventually leak.
  24. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I understood what you were saying :roll: I hear ya mine isnt doing that though, or it didnt. I had the mini geyser too and I was like, dude, WTF with all these bubbles in the res. My lines finally cleared though and then as it went on it cleared up. Sorry yours didnt fix itself though. Hopefully your loop is running superb now.
  25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    You know what guys!? I don't think I'll ever go back to "regular" color tubing... Not after taking this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, probably not "regular" color lighting!!