1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Naturally Aspired PC WaterCooling Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by EastCoasthandle, Feb 8, 2008.

1. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Haha awesome. What Tubing and lighting is this?

2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
  3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Hmm later on when I upgrade my Mobo and CPU, I may go that way. UV Reactive looks bad ass!!!

4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    It's not that bad... You can get dye bombs that is uv reactive for pretty cheap also.. I've found going to FrozenCPU as being the cheaper of the places to get dye bombs... It did take me 3 shots to make my loop UV... Since I have a little bit as being normal tubing... U just also wanted my Micro res to light up.. Just need more lighting for where it's at, or move it.. lol

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Haha yeah I got a mix of tubing because the thick Master Kleer I got from Petras was too hard to bend like I needed it.

6. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I've found that Jab-tech is the best place to go for the stuff you really need. really cheap, and I can get it from Damulta's state in 2 days... 2 day shipping!!! for cheap! Saturday stuff! lol

7. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    And what state is that??

8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    From OK to FL. I like it for the fact I can order at 2am on Thursday (when I get payed) and get the stuff Saturday afternoon. Makes my weekend pretty nice.

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  9. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    any idea of how the orange xigmateks perform on a low-speed radiator?

10. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    They should perform pretty well. It's 61cfm pushing so you should be all right on it.. I personally won't throw anything below 80cfms on Radaitors

Exavier says thanks.
  11. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    cheers CS ;)
    I've got a RX360 and I have a Feser 480 coming...both work well with -/+ 1200rpm fans and according to Martin's tests they're good with low CFM..
    I just need new fans x14 for push/pull, and I'm aware that the S-Flex are so expensive that they're prohibitive - I'm actually considering Thermaltake Silent Wheel fans and sanding them (thanks to smee for the idea, yoink haha) as they're HALF the price and are 130mm.
    but if I can find these cheap enough then I might do these instead...orange is now a must :D hahaha
    any idea on serial number/code? :)

12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I really can't say right now since I'm at work. But, I can tell you to just throw Xigamtech a e mail asking for where you can get them and what not.. Also, there is a Yate-loon fan that is orange.. I'd check it out.. No Led's but you can all ways add them! lol

Exavier says thanks.
  13. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    What do you guys think of the Swiftech H20-220 kit? I'm completely new to water cooling and I'm looking into that kit due to its simple layout. Do you guys have any better recommendations with its price range? This kit here caught my attention but its quite a bit more.

14. Whilhelm

Whilhelm

Thanks Received:
    It is hard to go wrong with that kit. It gives you a decent setup with quality parts that you can add to and upgrade as necessary.

If you can, go for the one that comes with the Apogee GTZ and MCRES Rev2. The GTZ is better suited to cooling Quad cores and i7 then the GT that comes with the older version of the kit

Here is the link to the H20 220 Apex Ultima Kit
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24646

The kit you linked is more basic and the single 120mm rad will limit your cooling potential.

For the same price this setup would be far better than the XSPC single 120mm rad kit.
    If you ever want to upgrade your CPU block you can get an aftermarket pump top for the swiftech pump and use whichever CPU block you want.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22815

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    johnnyfiive says thanks.
  15. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    Chris matey I've seen the orange YLs and I wondered if they were genuine...black shroud/rim orange blades...do want :rockout:

16. Alv

Alv

Thanks Received:
    I got the same case, and Im interested in WC, what Radiator are u using?? did you have to do any modding for installing it??

17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I've believe I've seen them around some where... I'd google image them and I think you'll find where they are selling.

18. DarkEgo

DarkEgo

Thanks Received:
    Do you guys think I could cool a overclocked Phenom II and CrossFire'd 4850's with a 220+ a 120 rad?

19. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    As long as your pump can push enough water threw the tubing, then it would work. If you go adding more then a CPU, I'd suggest making sure the fan's are also good enough to cool the water running threw it all.

To me, and this is me alone, I would suggest if you cool more then one card, to due duel set up with rad and pump

20. DarkEgo

DarkEgo

Thanks Received:
    Right now I have the Laing D4 and a Swiftech mcr-220 with Yate Loon Medium's. I wanted to get water cooling for the CrossFire 4850's I am getting (because they run so hot) but I only wanted to use a single radiator for my second radiator so I don't have to use a rad box.

21. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    It should be quite fine for what your wanting to do. Just normal cooling of sorts.. But, that is my thoughts on the item

22. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Any ocing on them bad boys and Id get either a high CFM fan or another dual rad for it.

23. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay so now I'm mildly irritated - I just received my RX360 for £28, good enough deal and although I just put it in a sinkful of water with tubing attached to check for any holes in the fins and nothing came up, there are massive dents all over it :eek: so yeah, I'm pissed off lol.
    still, a steal for a good radiator - now just waiting for my HYDOR SELTZ L30 to arrive and I'm set:

my what a lovely box ;)
    [​IMG]

inside the box:
    [​IMG]
    all my lovely gear..

pictures of the aforementioned radiator:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:shadedshu

24. kyle2020 Guest

for that price mate, you cant complain ;)

Where did you get it that cheap anyway? the bay?

25. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    well it is watertight and I just got £10 knocked off by the seller whom I respect very highly for doing so - it's a shame that it was perfect before Royal Mail decided to use it as a punching bag. :(

so basically under £20 for a 3-fan rad that will fit in the top of a TJ07 with no modding (except the extra fan hole) = perfect ;) I might attempt to straighten + bondo it a little where the fins are crumpled.