1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Naturally Aspired PC WaterCooling Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by EastCoasthandle, Feb 8, 2008.

1. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats strange? ive seen your pump listed on there before.......

try and go directy to his site liquidlabs or something he might have a better version posted there

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    went to the link in his public profile to his download page and got version 2.5 the newest since February 3rd or close. Does show the L20 but I still couldnt remove the GPU block the blank line in the dropdown is greyed out...lol

Thanks tho....maybe I just need to try it and see, altho I will report either way so you can have an I told ya so....lol

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Well, I ordered my Fuzion. Got the Pro mount with it, and a nozzle kit. Should be here Friday.

4. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    anyone want to temporarily donate their d-tek fuzion in order for me to make a lexan/acrylic top and mid section for it? im gonna be selling these once i get them made. if your interested... i WILL give you your block back along with your new lexan/acrylic top and mid sections free of charge. PM me if interested.

5. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice what nozzle are you planning to use?

the quad?

6. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I read some reviews that saw some nice results by using the quad nozzle. The only downside is, none of them compare the quad nozzle to other nozzles, so I don't actually know if it's the best choice. I might get around to experimenting with it at some point, but for now, I'll just use the quad.

7. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    this guy did it but only with the 4.5 and Q nozzle

new loop took about a week to do cuz of work but took less time to finish changed the coolant to distilled water + PT_Nuke + UV Reactive Pentosin G11 Coolant Additive (Blue) think i need more cuz its not UV Reactive :( and added a/c filter on the rad and bottom of the case the intake to keep the dust out and off the rad and fans looks better to me

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

8. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice rig DOM ;) what kind of temps you get with your fuzion mounted in that manner? which mounting are you using for it?

:toast:

9. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, nice setup Dom :toast:

10. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    stock, and heres small on prime and with the fur for the gpu idle and load
    [​IMG]

thanks :toast: need some blue uv dye so it glows in the dark

11. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I love your setup!!!

12. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    who me :laugh: :toast:

13. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got a Swiftech Apex Ultra kit (don't shoot me, it was v.cheap) ready for my new chip (still cant decide between q6600 or e8400)
    I am gonna get a thermochill rad, and use the swiftech one for a (separate) gpu loop (im getting a new graphics card in a month or 2, once i've seen how the 98xx Nvidia's perform, i don't want to w/c either of my current cards) anyway, i have some questions:

1. Is this any good?, i know its pretty weak, but this will be a 1 waterblock loop (preferably low restriction), will it cope, or would i be better off getting a ddc or another d5?

2. (A question for Dom) Did having you're d5 mounted as in you're 'before' picture (with the mount vertical) make any difference? (either noise-wise OR performance-wise?)

3. As this pump i have Swiftech 655-b doesn't have a speed controller, what would be the best way of controlling its speed?, im a bit wary of using something like a rheobus as they seem to have a habit of blowing channels with a regular fan, let alone a (reasonably) powerful pump. I have got a few old crude speed controllers from old cpu heatsinks laying around, would one of these do? (heck, can i even control its speed by voltage regulation?, i know you can with DDC pumps, so i assume you can with this too)

Thanks, Grings

14. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    If you are only using 1 water block the 655-b should be more then enough for your needs. Unless I misunderstood something, you can let it run at it's rated speeds without having to control it. I find no reason why to buy another pump at this time.

15. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    For those that like the Laing DDC 3.2 (MPC 355) the best top for it appears to be the XSPC Acrylic Reservoir DDC Top. You can read a review of several different modded tops here

16. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    What i meant was, i'll be using the 655-b for the CPU loop, and running a completely seperate loop for the GPU (hence the second pump)

As for the speed control, I just want something to fiddle with:)

17. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
  18. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
  19. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I have a 320 but I'm thing about a 600 to run everything OK.

I hope there is room in there.

20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    The 600W is 24V, iirc.

21. [MD]Phantom

[MD]Phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for redirecting me too this post Eastcosthandle.;)

It got me a few steps further too good cooling, but still the question remains.

Will two 120.2 radiators be cooled down enough, the CFM rating off the 25cm i want too use is 105.2.:confused:

If you would put 4 120mm fans on the radiators as would be possible then the totaal CFM flow would be about double that amount.

But you have too take in consideration i do not want a vacuumcleaner connected to my pc.:shadedshu
    Neither am i seeking the best performance you can get, i want a good reliable and somewhat quiet systeem too cool my new pc down.

So silence is a big issue here, that's why i have an zalman reserator 1 plus now.

I have learend from this topic that the combination Laing D5 and EKsupreme is good sinds the pump will produce enough pressure too the cpu block.

Now for another part of WC i already read that a reservoir is not really needed, but what solution is better/more reliable a reservoir or a T-piece with a hose to fill.

The gpu block is still a bit of a mistery sinds i am waiting for the new 9... series from nvidia, and also the mainboard is still a question mark sinds i want the X48 chipset and there are not many mainboards with that out there yet.

22. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    If I understood your correctly, if all you want to use is a fan that uses roughly 25CFM then you should invest in Thermochill's PA120.3. All you really need is 3 fans. Personally, I would get the Scythe SFF21E 49 CFM S-FLEX. The Yate Loons are rated at 28dBAs while the Scythe SFF21E are rated around 20 dBAs.

I personally recommend a reservoir do to the bleed times with a T-line and the amount of air pockets in the rad/blocks with a T-line vs res.

The Maximus Formula is a solid board (although it does take getting use to when OC'ing). I haven't found the need for a X48 over a X38 at this time when using DDR2 memory. X48 offers official support with DDR3 1600 without over clocking and the ability to support intel's future CPU that's has a 800 FSB (not sure on the last part).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  23. [MD]Phantom

[MD]Phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Apparently i did not write it down good enough,

De diameter off the fan i want too use is 250mm or 25 cm.

The airflow it can produce is 105.2 CFM.

The PA120.3 is too long and the fan will not cover the entire surface off the radiator that would bee a shame, thats why i want too use 2 PA120.2 in a blok or square formation and i will make a frame too hold them in place then i want too attach the 25cm/250mm fan on one side off that.

I will try too make a drawing too clear things up,

24. [MD]Phantom

[MD]Phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Something like this, i hope this cleares up a little.

25. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    There is also MagiCool XTREME Nova 1080 Radiator.