1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NB and SB chipset cooling.

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by macbeth, Oct 27, 2006.

1. macbeth New Member

Thanks Received:
    A friend of mine plan to buy K9A from MSI. And i read some review saying that the stock chipset cooling will be abit on the hot side. Any recomanedation on chipset coolers to replace the passive chipset coolers for both the SB and NB? I also recomend him the Thermalright SI-128 cooler for his CPU. And the powercolor 1950 pro with Accelero X2 or the His 1950 pro with ICEQ3. Another question is which is a better cooling solution for vga card? Accelero X2 or ICEQ3? Finally the SB passive cooling for K9A is very tiny as for many other motherboard. Why is that? Is it becos SB requires little cooling?

Thanks alot.
  2. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Add a minifan to it. Boards like MSI k8n neo2 has a small fan blowing the chipset. You could probably get one off your local hardware trash dump. As in parts not used. 2nd goods.
  3. macbeth New Member

Thanks Received:
    How about ZM-NBF47 from zalman? will there be compatibility issue? and will it get in the way if you are installing SI-128? But ZM-NBF47 will not work on the SB if you are using a VGA card. I will prefer to keep the cooling solutin passive. or i can use HR05 and HR05 Sli for NB and SB? but will i still be able to use SI-128?
    Si-128, HR05, HR05 Sli are from thermalright.
  4. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    You dont use a fan for VGA on a chipset.... What i meant is parts that are unwanted or could still be in used. And why do you wanan cool the chipset? Are you overclocking?
  5. macbeth New Member

Thanks Received:
    ZM-NBF47, HR-05 and HR-05 Sli are chipset cooler. SI-128 is a CPU cooler. What VGA cooler are you talking about?