1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NC Soft account warning

Discussion in 'Games' started by AsRock, Apr 26, 2010.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well been years since i played Guild Wars and today i get a email saying this

When you receive this message at the same time means that you have a routine account of our recent examination, was checking your account we have the evidence to prove that involved in the controversial game currency transaction so we had to take the necessary measures.
    Please visit our web site secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/plaync%9&4&457rna22ddn5_login.pl as soon as possible to activate your account or we will suspend your account.

The NCsoft Team

What you think ?.. I my self would of thought it be deleted by now lol.

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    GW accounts live in infamy...no really they are still there.

I would contact NCsoft via their sites channels and ask them about it, I would not reply directly to that email. Also going to NCsoft directly, it may help them hunt the douche down who sent you that email if it wasn't them;)

AsRock and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  3. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I didnt have that exact problem....But I hadn't played GW since summer 09 and went to log in the other week to see what pets i got for B day presents; lo and behold my account name and pw dont match. I fired off a support e mail on a friday and they were nice enuff to have my issue dealt with by sunday. AFAIK GW doesnt ever delete ur account w?o ur knolwedge

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah already reported it just in case as i find it odd after 2-3 years then bump a email.

EDIT:Maybe it's just a way to say HEY you remember our game LMAO.

5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    maybe someone hacked the old account and used it like a dirty whore, at least this way you know;)

6. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    It's a scam. Visiting the site will install a keylogger. Most of the time it's to steal Aion accounts.

7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    hehe, well that would explain why the email disappeared ^^.. No really it seems that yahoo has deleted it.