1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NCASE M1 Liquid cooled Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Live OR Die, Dec 15, 2013.

1. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    He is pulling cool air in from the outside giving him better temps. If he flipped it his fans would probably be starved for airflow giving him worse temps ontop of case temps. His components would be cooler that way though. He has a high quality motherboard built for low airflow cases. If his motherboard temps and hdd temps are fine after a few hours of gaming then I don't see a reason to change it.

Live OR Die says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    I ended doing this way because i though i would get more airflow in the case sucking air from the inside wouldn't move much air, And i also thought about the hot air inside the case would increase my temps more because my rad would be getting warmer air when gaming.

I will have to do a long gaming run tomorrow and log my temps ill upload them to see what you guys think, I am yet to cook some toast after redoing my loop.

3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Well if the hot air is getting noticed outside the case on top rather than inside the case, it would seem beneficial as its exhausting it... put a temperature probe in and see which way works better.

4. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    So lucky i could get to the fan headers from the right side of the case, With my pump i cut down both cables so there where only a inch long so depending on the length i just use a sleeved PWN extension cable.

[​IMG]

MT Alex says thanks.
  5. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Awesome!

6. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Here are my thermals after 4 hours of gaming in rust.

No OC
    [​IMG]

7. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    This question mite sound dumb but i wanted to ask it any ways does it matter how much you fill your res is there a max level or doesn't it matter? i have mine full and theres just a small air bubble that sits under the top fill port?

8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't really matter, more water is usually better, within reason. If you are topping your res off while the pump is running it is a good idea to leave a little space at the top because when the pump is off the water always tends to kind of slack back, leaving it a little more full than when it was running.

Live OR Die says thanks.
  9. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Just a update my EK coolant has gone yellow i don't think it will harm any think but just wanted some opinions.

Seemed yellow when i brought it lol also looks yellow in the bottle still vs the 1st bottle i used which is clear.

[​IMG]