1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEC Readies 27-inch Professional LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 5, 2010.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    NEC is preparing a new professional-grade 27-inch LCD monitor called MultiSync Reference 271. The 271 uses a 10-bit P-IPS panel that give 98% Adobe RGB coverage, for a wide color gamut. The panel has a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees. Its frame design enables pivot at swivel adjustments.

The panel has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (aspect ratio 16:9), with 5 ms response time. Its static contrast ratio is 1000:1, with a maximum brightness of 360 cd/m². It takes input from D-Sub (analog) and DVI-D or dual DVI. Backed by a 3-year warranty, the MultiSync Reference 271 is up for pre-order for under 1800 EUR.

[​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine
  2. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    http://www.nec-display-solutions.de...df?e=e1s1&fn=NEC_Datasheet_PA271W-english.pdf

10-bit, Adobe RGB, new IPS panel. very nice and very pricey.
  3. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    1800 Euros?

I'll stick with my £250 27" Iiyama...
  4. Roph

Roph

Thanks Received:
    You can buy the 27" 2560x1440 iMac for 1,667 euros.
  5. Tartaros

Tartaros

Thanks Received:
    The ones who buys this monitor buys mac pro and better computers, the imac is a toy compared to this.
  6. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll take one, but for 5th of the price please :)
  7. rizla1

Thanks Received:
    what about a 22" o 24" with that small of pixel width? am i the only one that thinks display tech has moved nowhere in the last 3 years ? apart from this and a few more 27" people want better pixel width witch = better sharper picture? they just rehash the same crap every few months , with no price drops... i would like to see the likes of 1080p 19" or something or atleast move forward somewhat.
  8. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Isn't the 27" Apple monitor is IPS too?
  9. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    not as good though, and the newer apple imac displays suffer from screen flickering issues
  10. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
  11. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    I don't know of any manufacturer that advertises ΔE.
  12. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    True. But after so many specs, it really looks like they've covered everything except that. It does make me think that it's not very good and they are trying to hide it. Not necessarily true, at all, but it does give me that impression. But yeah that feeling does extend to all manufacturers, maybe they are all scared. Very few monitors actually have a good ΔE, after all.
  13. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    NEC's last 10-bit p-ips monitor is excellent if this reviewer's meter is accurate. there are plenty of monitors that have excellent colour accuracy according to reviews from tftcentral.
  14. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    That monitor's default color accuracy is atrocious though. I agree that if you buy a monitor like this you most probably have a colorimeter, but not everybody would, and I'm not sure how well would average user (and I'm considering the target audience here) be able to improve the average of 4.2 delta E that this monitor has on default, just using software tools...

These NECs are some of the best LCDs all things considered and I was not trying to say otherwise in my previous post. I was not implying they had bad accuracy, neither I am now on this one. I was just stating how stupid it seems to me not to include ΔE in the specs of LCD's, especially professional grade ones. It does look like they want to hide something. Maybe not in the good ones, because they do have awesome accuracy once you calibrate them properly, but consumer LCDs have horrible horrible horrible color accuracy, to the point that I laugh hard everytime I hear average Joe saying how good and "lifelike" his new LCD looks. I'm sure people would not think the same if they knew what ΔE is (and could see the difference side by side) and if it was listed in the common specs, people would start caring, even if was just a number for them. It would force manufacturers to improve color accuracy on all their LCDs and I'm sure that's something they want to avoid.
  15. TAViX Guest

Resolution to big for me. I have a 27'' DELL with 1920x1200 resolution, and still the default text seems to small...
  16. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol that's why you can change it.
  17. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:

Only the rich and dumb buy monitors like this without a meter. If you are talking about how average consumers have no way to calibrate and profile their cheap displays, well I don't give a damn.
    For an entire month I ate nothing but protein slurry so I could buy a ColorMunki.:roll: