• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a "3D games" list

John Phoenix

The website 3DGamers.com used to have all released games by year and category from 1995 on.. until the site went down a few years ago. This was great because I could search all games for a certain year and look through the game categories of my choice.. First person, Side Scrollers, Third Person, Top Down, Puzzle games, etc..

Lets say I wanted to go back to 2004 and search all games released to find an FPS game I had missed. I could do that.

Does anyone know where I could find such a complete list that's categorized nicely like that?

I find Gamespot is close but even they do not list all games.

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Steam provides categorised games lists.

John Phoenix

Does steam have listings of non steam games? An do they go far back to 98 and up?.. I am looking for some really old games I may have missed.

Edit:

Just came from Steam. Their list isn't any better than Gamespot's.. it's not a complete list.. just stuff they sell and it doesn't go back very far.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
All games ever? I doubt anyone have a list like that.

EDIT: What about Gamefaqs?

John Phoenix

All games ever? I doubt anyone have a list like that.

EDIT: What about Gamefaqs?

Yeah.. 3Dgamers had such a list.. best I ever saw.. all games released in North America or Europe.

I can try Gamfaqs but I think they are the same people as Gamespot.. I know thiewr forums are the same.. if you post on one, the exact post shows up on the other.. as if they clone the forums for each other.

I did come across a neat You Tube FPS video series by Balgorg called The History of FPS Games vol 1 through 29. It covers FPS games from 1974 through 2004. ( Don't ask me what FPS game they had back in '74.. I didn't see that one yet and you can be sure it wasn't on PC)

Here's a link to # 29.. check his video list for the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cli1-bLkbA

I have only seen # 19 so far and it had a few I had never heard of for PC, like Legends of Might and Magic, Axis, and Codename Outbreak. Worth looking up.