1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a good meta torrent search engine

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ELiTRiGG3R, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELiTRiGG3R

ELiTRiGG3R

Thanks Received:
    I know that torrent is legal but downloading paid and cracked apps and games is illegal, so no point in removing the thread, now to find any "free" program, I have to search for piratebay and kickass among others even then there is a chance of missing a highly seeded torrent, I want a link to a "meta" search engine which is user friendly, and most importantly is able to sort or rank them decreasing order of seeders among 20+ sites..
    EOT: Don't say torretz.eu , It has been taken over by the govt..

2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    i do not think talking about torrenting in any context is allowed on these forums.

3. ELiTRiGG3R

ELiTRiGG3R

Thanks Received:
    Hey man, today peer to peer is "THE" way to download, servers are not able to take it up with the no of users demanding immense bandwidth please help me, searching really takes up a lot of time and it is inefffective...Please help me!Well, after a long time of searching I was able to find something but it was not satisfactory, I want something better here is the link /

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Easy Rhino says thanks.
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No links please.

5. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    There is one swedish site and then there is something by Dotcom.
    Best way is this

6. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    well if it was actually "free" then the software company that makes should have it on their web site. Or if you mean "free" wink wink I would stay away from it. Google what you are looking for. But seriously "free" software go to the company.

More than 25k PPD
  7. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    mininova is a legal torrent browsing website since it got devastated by the government, as it should. Last I checked, it now works as a fully legal peer2peer file downloader for freeware and other such things where the authors have given them the right to distribute the content for free :)

You're either looking for some way to download pirated content, in which case leave this thread and ask a mod to close it(because none of us will or are going to help you), or you're looking for a torrent based distribution platform, in which case I can offer you the only one I know of. For everything else, I pay monthly subscriptions, which really isn't a lot of money for worthwhile content.

Downloading movies isn't really worthwhile, as netflix and co are so cheap, and unlimited. For music, there's grooveshark, spotify, and bandcamp. There really isn't a need for pirtating these days, or for P2P. Streaming is the way to go.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  8. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    ELiTRiGG3R says thanks.
  9. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Unless you live outside the US/EU.

10. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's true, but just because somebody doesn't live inside the US or EU, doesn't give them the automatic right to steal what they want because they don't have a streaming service available to them.

ste2425 says thanks.
  11. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I didn't say that. I do download TV shows personally, but only because nothing is available at all. You can get access to about 4-5 TV channels on cable here and there are zero other options. Cinema tickets cost about $2, so it's cool to go to the movies every now and then, but all DVDs are pirated.

When I can buy/pay for things, I do, otherwise I'd go mad with the poorly made Vietnamese TV every day :(

Theft isn't a word I would use.