• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a good oc'ing mobo for under $125 + xp mobo issues

Thrall

I bought a asus p5n-sli a year back or so in hopes of getting my 1.6ghz Pentium dual core overclocked to at least 2ghz, but with no avail. I've tried jacking up the v-core and trying linked and unlinked fsb ratios. I have pretty good airflow through my case so i don't think the motherboard and it's bridges are getting too hot and the processor runs at 35c max load when i reached my maximum overclock of 1.92ghz. I've read that this is a bad board to overclock with so i was wondering if it'd be better for me to buy a new motherboard and overclock the Pentium dual core further or to spend that money on a new processor. My budget is $125 or so either way, and i want at least one pci-express 16 slot proffering sli and/or pci-e 2/0 (i have a 8800gt to take advantage of that), atleast 2 pci slots, 5 sata connections, and onboard Ethernet . I was also worried because i've heard windows xp dosen't like it when you switch motherboards, is that true?