1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a new gaming mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, Dec 10, 2007.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
  2. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've always gone with Logitech and their support is awesome. I have the G7 wireless, and when I had an issue with the USB receiver, I called them on a Tuesday and they sent me a whole new G7 by that Friday. They didn't even need me to ship the old one back, just said keep the extra charger/batteries as backups, and toss the old mouse and receiver. Cant get better support than that. I don't have exerience with the G5, but if it's basically a wired G7 (with weights), you will love it. Customizable DPI, if you wish, through the software, but I just use the on the fly buttons on the mouse.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  3. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would have bought a G5 (older 1 button less version), but after reading about that tilt wheel how sensitive it is to tilt, didn't. I use my wheel button to reload guns and have absolutely no use for tilt. As far as I see, there are no good (laser) game mouses available with reasonable price, all got something wrong with them, or the price :)

Have to use my trusty Laser mouse 6000 still. Wish mouse prices would come down like GPU prices. Oh and when Habu came I was about to buy it, but got this instead, now I don't want it anymore, because it's so big.

Both are good choices, if G5 had Habu wheel, I'd go for that, or Habu was cheaper then the size wouldn't matter. If Razer Lachesis was same price as Habu I'd buy that :)
  4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    What's wrong with the MX518? :/
  5. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Its really weird. When I go to click it, it feels like it snags something on the way down. Kinda wants to stick and I cant stand the feel of it. :shadedshu
  6. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    How big is the Habu laser mouse compared to that of my MX518?

:wtf: Newegg says this is a Logisys mouse but clearly labled Logitech. :wtf:

I also forgot to mention that I LOVE the side buttons on the MX518 and I have grown so accustomed to them, I cant live without them. So they need to be on my next mouse as well.
  7. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. desadarius2002 New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is the Saitek gm3200. It seem like a decent mouse. It's reviwed on this site.
    I have a Logitec wireless myself, and i love it. Wish my sister would quit changing out my mouse for her cheap ass hp.
  9. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    I'm using the logitech G5. It's a great mouse and feels really good to use. I choose the G5 in preference to a G7 to avoid the use of batteries. Would recommend this unit to anyone looking for a gaming mouse but suggest there are many lighter,smaller and less expensive mice that would be better for most other uses.
  10. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
  11. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    FTW
  12. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Im using a G3,i dont like tilt wheels.Its a fine enuff mouse for gaming.