1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

need a new router!

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Nailezs, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    ok guys , my router has finally gotten to the point of being almost un-useable, so i would like your advice on what new router to get.
    it needs to have atleast 2 lan ports(not including the wan port), and must also have wireless!
    im thinkin a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190 would do the job nicely
    also needs advice on a usb wireless interface card for my moms computer. thinking of a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833130111 to fit that use

what do you guys think?

2. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely go with this. It's basically identical to the WRT54G v4, I have the v3.1 which is almost the same as v4. The WRT54GL (and any WRT54G version 4 or earlier) are compatible with a number of aftermarket firmwares (my favorite being Tomato), which extend the functionality and give significantly more options for bandwidth control and signal strength, to name just two of the many features.

Nailezs says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi

Thanks Received:
    get one with n and dual radio

Nailezs says thanks.
  4. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    what do you mean?