1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

need a side panel window kit

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by mullered07, Jul 5, 2008.

1. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    my new full tower case doesnt have a window, does anyone know where i can find a kit for diy (usually consists of perspex and banding)? anyone know if if there sold in the UK?
  2. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    maybe chilledpc?
  3. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    had a look, they have a cnc window cut service but i was looking for a simple kit with some perspex you do yourself, might just have to order some perspex and take it into work
  4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
  5. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    You could try here for a ready made kit -

http://www.thecoolingshop.com/index.php/cPath/100_39

The only problem with these kits is that sometimes the rubber edging is very thick and can be tricky to fit.
    You could try and do your own window,just cut the shape you require with a jigsaw and then use some U moulding for round the edges and fit a clear piece of plexi to the rear.That is how I done my window mod on my old case.

EDIT: I added a couple of pics of mine.One with the window cut out of the panel and another of the window with the clear plexi added.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  6. gimpster123 New Member

Thanks Received:
    you don't need to pay extra for a "kit"

head over to your local hardware store, have them cut a piece of plexi for you. Then you have a couple of options to mount it.

One is to make the plexi glass oversized, and epoxy it to the inside wall of the case. Use some automotive trim around the hole.

Another is to cut the window to size- then use a double "U" trim to hold it in place.