1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need advice about a Nvidia order

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by wsarahan, Mar 11, 2013.

1. wsarahan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys

So, i`ve bought the 2 GTX 680 with 4gb ecah to use at 2560x1440

But the store that i bought just received the GTX Titan oday at the same price that i've payed for my 680 SLI

What should i do? Stay with the 680 SLI 4gb or ask the store to send me the Titan instead?

And there is some points to consider in my case:

The 2 GTX 680 with 4 gb each i`ve payed 2000 dollars

A single Titan here cost about 2100 dollars

So if i change the deal i`ll need to pay more 100 dollars to the store. And this 100 bucks is ok for me if it really worth, this is the small problem that i have now

And i saw a lot of diferent opinios in the web, i`m considering some:

People say that in a near future the Titan drivers will get the difference between then and the 680 SLI and the power difference will become 0 or almost it, is it true?

And the second thing that i read a lot is even with less power the titan will make the games more fluid even with less FPS, true again? If yes why?
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    you will have teething issues with the titan, the 680 have had enough time to get majority of bugs out, so stick with them.
  3. wsarahan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks

I`ve read a lot of diferent opinions in the web and i have to make a choice tomorrow :)

If someone can give more advices i`ll be thankfull
  4. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    id take the single TItan 680 SLI can scale better but after having used Multi GPU for so long id take the single GPU option. Titan may be slower but when overclocked its close enough to not matter, then theres the benefit of never having to wait for SLI support.

690 = 680 sli give or take a few %

[​IMG]

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan/33.html

20% overclock 20% performance gain.
    [​IMG]

Biggest problem is new game comes out get to sit and wait for drivers to be released that offer Multi-GPU support then of course theres the awesomeness of some game engines just not supporting Multi-GPU at all, or past games losing SLI support when it worked on older drivers 1 single high end GPU just tends to be less of a headache. So if with a quick overclock I can get a single card to equal two cards or get close enough I would take the single GPU.
  5. wsarahan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Didn`t you like the Multi GPU? Any special reason?

Thanks
  6. Slizzo

Slizzo

Thanks Received:
    Needing to wait for SLI profiles is the only real issue with Multi-GPU. I'm ready to move off of my SLI GTX470s for a single more powerful GPU as well, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $1k for a single GPU card.