1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need advice on memory upgrade...

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by adulaamin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    good day!

i'm planning to replace my kingston value ram with a Corsair Dominator PC8500 DDR2 4x2gb memory kit. a friend of mine who lives in the UK is willing to buy it for me then i'll be paying him back when he comes home in december (i missed out on the last batch here).

would they be ok? if not could you suggest something that would be better?

i'm also looking to buy a CPU cooler and the only coolers available here are the CM V8 and the Xigmatek Dark Knight. i'm leaning towards the Dark Knight or should i buy the V8?

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I have had good luck with my DDR2 800 Valueram, it's running at 908 right now. I'm planning on upgrading to Kingston Hyper X ddr2 1066, based on how well this stuff has worked. Nobody seems to toot the Kingston horn, so I will. Good, reliable company.

3. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    The Corsair's are awesome and overclock well. If your not going to be overclocking like a mad man then the Xigmatek cooler would do just fine and is still a great cooler for overclocking. They are both great coolers, but the CM V8 is a little bit more pricey and it is quit large so make should your case is big enough.

adulaamin says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    i'll check out the Kingston Hyper X...any idea on which one would be better?

i think i'll stick with the xigmateck then...thanks!...:D

Crunching for Team TPU