1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need advice on water cooling

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by TechnicalFreak, Jan 4, 2009.

1. So I was thinking, my computer is a bit noisy.. the cpu fan, the chassies fans, gfx-card fan... and so on. I once had a water cooling system (budget.. cheap crap in other words).
    But now I want a REAL water cooling system, you know.. with that Eheim pump and so on.

So does anyone have any advice on what I should get? (Look at my system specs. to the left). Im totally clueless when it comes to this...

Thankful for any replies given.

2. aspire

Thanks Received:
    D-tek Fuzion V2
    Swiftech MCR320
    Laing DDC with XSPC Restop
    EK 3870x2 block
    Whatever tubing you like... these parts all come with 1/2" I.D. barbs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  3. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon New Member

Thanks Received:
    you can build it by yourself or pick one pre-built. PTS sells very good kits made by them, and i believe they are on sale right now. swiftech's H2O-220 is another good kit for beginners

whats your budget?

4. EnergyFX

EnergyFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    aspire, you meant 1/2" I.D. barbs... right... cause 12" would be quite challenging for his first real water build.

5. aspire

Thanks Received:
    >.<

Laptop keyboards always get me...

Yes, 1/2" I.D.

6. Well, umm.. I hope I can find some of the stuff. I don't want anything flashy (not going to OC), just silent and I can put the parts together. Was thinking, I want or more like need something that turns on the cooling system before the rest of the system gets its power, and when turned off it remains on for a few seconds (good if the power goes out).

Thanks again everyone.

7. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think there it was a for sale thread of A LOT of watercooling components, just check :)

8. Problem is I live in sweden, we dont have as much "cool" stuff as the rest of the countries.. I don't even know where to look. Datorbutiken.com has gone missing (they never made it to 2009),
    Gtek.net was sold to "indomo" and has lost most of the good companies..

Got the tip to get a pre built watercooling system, like Zalman or similar.. How good are they?

9. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon New Member

Thanks Received:
    just dont. zalman costs 10x their value. the only good pre-built kits are made by XSPC (avaiable in UK), Swiftech and some made by shops. you will find some good sites in Finland (cant remember the name) and Denmark (such as coolbits.dk). i'm sure that there are some good Sweden sites too, just search for one.

10. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon New Member

Thanks Received: