• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need ASRock motherboard BIOS settings explained

DingusTaargus

you have one for asrock extreme3 gen3 i could give a try sys spec is <

sorry didnt mean to jack thread

The extreme 3 gen 3 does not support OC DNA.. Dont listen to that guy.
I have a quick question regarding the ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility. I was thinking of using it for oc instead of tampering with BIOS settings because the vcore control is too rough (allowing only changes in 0.05 increments). How does exactly that utility would work? Is it one of those programs you have to keep always running (and have on startup list) in order to have changes? Or does it let you edit BIOS settings and save it the way BIOS saves it's changes?

Update.

So I tried that utility, complete waste of space. Nothing more than cut down BIOS, no expanded tweaking for CPU or other stuff :(

It works amazing as a fan controller. I have all 12 of my fan (5 PWM) plugged into my mobo and I control their speeds and get readings with this program, I would never use it to OC. But for fan speeds and readings its fantastic. Much more than a "complete waste of space" unless of coarse you use an external fan controller. Then yeah, It's a waste, lol.