1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Bios F23 for a GV N580UD 15i Rev.1 card

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by gege21, Apr 2, 2013.

1. gege21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All

Recently I have updated the bios F23 by a more recent official Gigabyte bios bundled as F3, F13, F33 on my Gigabyte GTX 580 (GV N580UD 15i Rev. 1). The F2x bios série is no longer on the official Gigabyte web support site.

Instead as explained on the Gigabyte site I have'nt followed the right bios serial for my model card (F2x) and as a noob I flashed too the bios by the F3 version. After the flash process the flash software provided by Gigabyte bios bundle indicate a mismatch between the two bios versions. And again as a noob I had not saved my F23 version before to do this... :cry:

After that I became to got some randomly PC reboot when playing games after a so randomly times even when not playing just letting the PC powered on the Windows desk.

I have tryed to resolve the issue by flashing again :mad: with the F33 version... The issue was always there.

I went to this site and downloaded the F13 bios (Gigabyte.GTX580.1536.111223.rom) and flashed again with nVflash application. It seems the randomly reboot issue is gone but I would like to revert my bios by the official Gigabyte F23 version.

Does anyone could me send this official F23 version if owned ? This would be a great help for me.

Best regards
    Gerard

2. gege21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All ;)

Following this story, I have submitted a request support to the Gigabyte support staff...
    They sent me the bios version F22 for my card because they have no more the last F23 bios on their server.

But my problem was totaly independent from the flashing bios versions process.

What I have made to resolve my issue : I have totaly disassembled all the components of the computer (fan's, video card, power supply, memory sticks, mother board and CPU ...) and all cleaned with a light brush and dust clean paper ( not for the CPU only with artic cleaning products for this ) and rebuild the whole components in the case.

After several tests days I get no more problem of unpredictable reboot.

What I think : probabily one or more electrical components was not in neutral stat regarding the ground contact.

But my request to the F23 official bios version is always asked. If someone has this official F23 bios version I will be gratefull to send me this file rom.

Best regards
    Gerard