1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need case fan recomendations.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by BababooeyHTJ, Aug 3, 2009.

1. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an Antec 1200 and it's just too loud. I'm currently using 1900rpm slipstreams. What would be a good fan with decent airflow less noise that what I'm dealing with now? I also need a couple for my TRUE since I'm using 2 3000rpm 120x38mm fans now and aren't looking to spend an arm and a leg.

The noise is driveing me insane.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    i can't really suggest any quite 120mm fan, but just so u know, u can't really have a lot of air flow without noise. u have to choose one or another. it also depends on what is in front of a fan. some fans will create a lot of noise if there is something in front of them

3. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for a better balance here. Decent airflow dosen't have to be obcene. I would use a fan controler if I could find one that would handle the load from those fans since they draw so much.

4. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    if you get 120x38mm fans like scythe ultra kaze's and run them on a good fan controller you can have great airflow and silence.

5. Mr.Amateur New Member

Thanks Received:
    If price is no foe, I suggest the noctua brand of 120mm fans. Though for a cheaper price you could also check out the new thermaltake ISGC fans, some results giving the noctuas a run for their moneys~

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'm a fan (lol) of nexus fans.

They come 3 and 4 pin connectors, they're quiet at 12V and they're silent* at 7V.

Avoid thermaltake and scythe - their silent fans are usually nowhere near quiet, let alone silent.

*unlike many people/companies, i follow the true definition of silent. Silent to me means you CANNOT HEAR IT, EVER. i'm talking nothing but that fan running in the dead silence of 4am, and you cant hear it from a foot away.

7. Retro*

Retro* New Member

Thanks Received:
    My two bits. The 1900 rpm Slipstreams are really pushing a lot of air in that wind tunnel of yours! Superb airflow. But, they are also putting out a fair bit of noise, way more than I could handle. The Noctua fans really are very quiet, but expensive. I have three from when I bought their heatsink and also got one on sale. But their regular price is something like 22 bucks each at Newegg which is a bit much when you need several! I wouldn't use the Noctuas for case fans due to the cost, but am quite happy using them on my Noctua cpu heatsink.
    When I bought my 902, I replaced all 3 of the stock Antec 120mm fans and added two more for a total of 5 - 120mm fans for these:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999061
    I have been using these inexpensive Coolermaster 120mm fans for several years now on various builds. They have been very reliable which is surprising for an inexpensive fan. Their noise level is quite low (about 22dba vs 37dba for the Slipstreams, going by their own listed specs). The airflow is reasonable, although it would be somewhat less than what the Skythe fans put out.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009