1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need cheap headphone amp for AKG 701's

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by NdMk2o1o, Jul 21, 2012.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Posted one of these threads a while back and have been making do with a cheap tube amp since then I got off Ebay, this things is really starting to annoy the shit out of me with hissing and crackling I'm getting through my phones and really want a decent headphone amp for upto £100 that won't give me this kind of shit.

It's fine when I have music playing as the music does drown the hissing out though I like to keep my phones on when I am not necessarily listening to anything to stop me constantly taking them off and putting them back on and with no sound going through them the hissing is unbearable.

Answers on a postcard.

EDIT: is it worth perhaps looking at a soundcard with integrated headphone amp for my budget as an alternative?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  2. option350z

option350z New Member

Thanks Received:
    The objective 2 amplifier is a great amp to build. People do sell them pre-built. You can find them between 100-144 depending on where you look, already assembled. I built this amplifier for less than 50 total minus the casing. One of the best in that price range.
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  3. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    The O2 is good. Have one here with me that I built and it powers all sorts of headphones really well.
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.