1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need default Windows icons

Discussion in 'General Software' started by thegave, Mar 3, 2008.

1. thegave New Member

Thanks Received:
    Forgive me for taking the easy way out but I've been searching on google (images) and thru the forums and not found anything.

Can anyone tell me where either the default Windows icons are located in XP or I can download the full icon set from?

I'm working on creating a custom Micro$oft Summerboard theme for my iPhone because it just makes me feel dirty seeing all those Apple designed icons every time I use it.

Thanks

Caveat:
    I am not looking to instigate a Microsoft vs Apple flamewar, I just consider myself a hardcore Micro$oft fan which is why I'm trying to make the theme. If anything I've said offends any Mac users then I sincerely apologise.
  2. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    You might be able to rip them out of a theme manager like stardock (or something , um)
  3. thegave New Member

Thanks Received:
    Would it have the default icons?
  4. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    Well when something like that loads the default desktop, it must keep it somewhere. Come to think of it the alienware skin utility might have the same thing. Did you check the icon sets on the stardock website ?
  5. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received: