1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need dire help with my Radeon 9600

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DR, Sep 18, 2005.

1. DR New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello.
    My Radeon 9600 is very annoying, it's an 128MB video card and everytime i try to play a game (new ones) i get an error message, and sometimes the game crashes.

So i install the game....and i get that error thing,

Assertion failed: iKey>=0&&iKey<IK_MAX [File:UnIn.cpp] [Line: 441]

History: UInput::process <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- WM_KEYDOWN <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- DispatchMessage <- 0008010E 256 <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 7 2003 18:16:21

I installed the latest driver for my Radeon, Catalyst 5.8 i believe it was...i culd played normally for a while but then same thing:\

I also get this message
    [​IMG]

I really need help urgently.......the games that this happens on are Unreal 2 and Alice, really annoying.

2. slavick07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    that might be that infinite loop error which is common on 9600 cards. do you have the latest patches for your games?
  3. DR New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes i downloaded the latest patch for Unreal 2....i know, ATI had something about it on their site, i tried all that they said and still the same thing, but the only thing that i didn't try was the BIOS stuff, no way.
  4. Quan_Chi New Member

Thanks Received:
    If i were you id pull together some money and just plain buy a new card.
    You can get a very nice card for very cheap these days.
    i suggest a 6800 of some kind that should keep you not laggin and crashin for a while.

but if ur to like dumb to do that then why dont u give us ur specs for the rest of your computer. it could be a problem with another part of your computer.
  5. DR New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not going to get another video card...considered it, but i just got this computer at the beginning of the year and my parents would flip if i told them 'hey i need another video card' btw i live in Australia, and harware here is expensive.

Anyway my specs are
    DFI AMD64 LanParty N-Force3-250, socket 754, Athlon 64bit 3000+, socket 754, 512KB Cache, 3DNow, 512MB DDR 400Mhz (PC3200)
    80GB hard drive, Jetway Radeon 9600XT 8x AGP 128MB DDR, XP Pro.