1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Drivers For Razer Barracuda HP-1 Headphones

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by fsufan0025, Dec 8, 2011.

1. fsufan0025

Thanks Received:
    Can ANYBODY help ?? My nephew just got these as a hand me down (free) and I can't find the drivers !! I've looked on their website, but can't find them !! Help--PLEASE !!
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That is a standard connector headset, no? Why would it have a driver?
  3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    if its a standard audio headset (round plug) there is no driver for it but for the audio card itself (built into motherboard or PCI/PCI E Card)

If its a USB headset, a driver built into the headset itself is installed in the OS (Firmware chip in headset), so no drivers required to be installed.

to me it sounds like u need to enable your onboard audio and install driver or install a sound card with driver or check which connection your plugging into and how you configure windows for sound routing
  4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

It's a bit weird but no drivers should be needed anyway.
  5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  6. fsufan0025

Thanks Received:
    I have everything set up and the sound enabled. I have a set of Sony wireless headphones I use for movies and music. But--no sound from these and thought I was missing something since he got no paperwork with them. The extra usb was different but it powers the sub it seems !!
  7. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    sounds to me like a Audio routing issue in windows unless the headset isnt hooked up properly or you got a bad unit or sound card
  8. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    They are correct. There is no driver for the Razer Barracuda HP-1 headphones.
    If you have inherited the HP-1 & AC-1 bundle, then, there are drivers for the AC-1.
    If, connecting to the AC-1; use the Razer HD-DAI™ (Dedicated-Audio-Interface) connector and, if not, use the USB and four other connectors on the Audio splitter cable. (See the manual)

Windows 7 Compatibility page for Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headset
    The manual is here for the headphone installation.
    Driver page for the AC-1 (If, you are using it)
    TPU review of Razer Barracuda HP-1
    If you are using the AC-1 card and wish to use the control panel in Windows 7 64 bit... read this thread> Razer Barracuda AC-1 & HP-1 in Window 7 64bit
    Manual for the AC-1 audio card

Yep, I believe it powers the amps in the controller.

Goodluck:)
  9. fsufan0025

Thanks Received:
    I've got it now. Like I said--no paperwork and I overlooked the slider switch to power the amp !! Brain fart !! My bad--but--great sound it seems. He didn't get the card as it was a freebie !! I just built him a new 6-core tower with 8 gig and a blu ray drive, so he's loving it. Great kid with cerebral palsy, but smart as a whip !! College degree (advanced math)
    95Viper says thanks.