1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need EDID override fix

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Fordified, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Fordified New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=124843

Sorry I'm resurrecting an old thread. You can blame Solaris. I'm at work otherwise I'd try it right now. I just saw this thanks to Salaris on tom's hardware and thought there might be a chance I can use my tv at the 1080 resolution and not have to settle for a smaller monitor just to hit that resolution.

I'm ignorant when it comes to this but I am having the same problem on my Sony Bravia 32" tv. The TV is a 1080p tv and the input on the tv screen displays 1920 x 1080 but the pc recommends 1366 x 768 and if i force it to 1920 x 1080 with nvidia's software it looks grainy and bad.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I have a GTX 560 ti superclocked card which has two dvi outs and a mini hdmi out (which i use the mini with a converter). Will this .net framework app work for my purposes?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    that happens simply because the TV has the Capacity to display 1080P Content, but the physical pixels it has are 1366x768, it's nothing to do with the software, you loose picture quality due to the picture being scaled to fit the pixels.

i have a 32" bravia (possibly the same) and the same thing happens, if you look at the specification in the manual you'll see the physical pixels it has are 1366 x 768, not to say it's the same with all bravia's, there are quite a lot of 1080P one's, but the Card usually reccomends the physical resolution of the screen

3. Fordified New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well that's no good. I was hoping to squeeze that out of it. I guess I'll have to start researching a new monitor.

4. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    what's the exact model number of your TV?

5. Fordified New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll let you know as soon as I get home. I appreciate the quick response btw. I'll edit this post with the info.

6. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Someone else posted with a similar problem not long ago...it was also a Sony:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149747&highlight=1080p

He didn't post back after switching cables so I have to assume that fixed it. How long is the cable between the TV and computer?

EDID override addresses a very specific issue in NVIDIA cards. This is likely a TV/cable issue, not a graphics card issue.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Fordified New Member

Thanks Received:
    The model number is KDL - 32L504

The cable between the tv and computer is 15 ft. I bought the HDMI cable graded for that length.