1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEED FX-797A-TDKC ORIGINAL BIOS

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by jtplayte, Sep 4, 2014.

1. jtplayte New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All,

I have the XFX 7970 Double Dissipation card. I purchased two, and one is/has been great, the other always struggled a bit. It crashed, and I believe it needs to be returned, however I do not have the original bios anymore and can't find it anywhere!

It MUST be the TDKC version. If anyone has it and can post or email it to me I would be VERY VERY grateful.

Thanks In Advance,

J

2. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    your second card doesnt have the bios you need?

3. jtplayte New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, it has the same Bios I used to tweak the cards in the first place. Looking for the stock original of the actual TDKC version.

Card crashes during 3D Mark 11, so I need to put stock back on and test and then RMA

4. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Im assuming the XFX warranty covers "tweaking" of the graphics card BIOS? If not then its a dick move to RMA a GPU when you messed it up.

5. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  6. XFXSupport

XFXSupport

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, Unfortunately OP, our warranty strictly prohibits the modification or flashing of the BIOS without prior approval. Once it arrives, testing will find the modified bios and prompt to reject it/VOID. You may want to ask Support about it first and see if they can help undo the damage.

There are dozens of revisions for these cards, without the revision # of your PCB, you may not be able to find the correct bios.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    AthlonX2 says thanks.