1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Headphones Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Moogie, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Moogie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,

This Christmas I received a new pair of headphones to replace my old plastic-snapped ones. The new pair were the Sennheiser HD215. Lovely set, great quality, but just one problem... they are uncomfortably tight. I wear headphones for many hours of the day, which makes finding a decent pair that are light and comfortable very challenging.

In looking for a replacement I've been drawn towards the Sennheiser HD435. They're slightly cheaper, but according to Amazon user reviews they still have decent quality sound. But most important for me is comfort and longevity, and one guy mentions them being "a little loose" (he listed it as a con; I'm interpreting it as a pro, my head is big).

I'm still searching through lists and reviews, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a direct recommendation for a pair up to £50? No preference on open or closed, must have a long wire (2m-3m preference), and preferably not those nasty little thin wires that wear out after a month.

Ironically, I've been using a small pair I got from the £1 shop in the meantime and they've already outlasted the last ones I had that cost £35. :p

Thanks for any advice, hope everyone had a great Xmas. :)