1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help changing my bios flash screen!!!

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by awntech, Jun 20, 2007.

1. awntech New Member

Thanks Received:
    Need help changing my bios flash screen!!!
    Please help me change my flash boot screen!!

I read many tutorials but I still cannot get changing my flash boot screen!

I have downloaded sp26763.exe from HP website and it flashes and works great!

I have Compaq Presario SR1611NX and I am POSITIVE I got the right bios from hp because I already updated it!!!

However when I follow tutorial to change flash screen to a custom image and I do step by step making sure everything perfect. But it doesn't work!!

But when I go to use the program to flash it says "command line parameter error"
    or something close to that. I did a google search and someone on forum recommend
    to install halfway then 'swap/switch' the 313.rom file midway between the installation
    to 'trick' the HP flash installer into installing the 313.rom that has been updated
    with a new .bmp image. (yes I converted from tiff to Award BMP not xp BMP, etc)

I tried that too, it got me past on more level, and for a second it even says its already
    'flashing in progress', but then it kicks right back out and says something about a
    checksum error. I have used many other flashing utilities, even boot in pure dos mode
    etc, but to no avail! I really want to flash/change the boot screen and get rid of the
    default "COMPAQ" screen on my SR1611NX Compaq Presario.

Can you please help me? What am I doing wrong? How can I bypass the checksum error?
    IS there a way to FORCE a flash no matter what? Why won't it let me replace the picture?
    I did everything just right, just like in tutorials, then why doesn't it let me flash the
    rom/bios?

Thank you for your time sirs!

Anxiously awaiting your reply,

Bo