1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

>> Need help choosing motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Exavier, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Exavier

Exavier New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, long time no speak :ohwell:

It's getting closer to the crunch moment; I have everything but the RAM and the motherboard.

I've chosen 2GB of OCZ Flex XLC at CL3 timings, which will reflect well when I make the move to watercooling ;)

But now this leaves me with the difficult choice of what to base my build on;
    I'm looking at the Asus P5K Premium "Black Pearl" Edition as I was before, and it's nice, but I was hoping for at least the option to go SLI in the future.

Is there anything that can match the OC ability, temp control and 45nm support of the P5K BP as well as having SLI? A tall order, I know, but I'm sure you guys are up to finding me something that will make me happy :laugh:

:D

2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No................................. a 780i board will of course give you Sli, it generally will not overclock quite as well, is more expensive by a margin in the UK and TBH is just not worth it at the moment. If I was you, I would get a decent mid ranged P35 for around £60 - £70 and wait a few weeks for the 790i or whatever it's called, that will have native PCI-E 2.0......1600FSB etc etc and is rumoured to clock well, or of course just wait.