1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help cutting holes

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 23, 2008.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Since I am a complete noob at this and I dont want to fuck up my case I am going to provide you guys with a pic of the inside of a Thermaltake Armor Full tower case. What I want you guys to do is show me where you would drill holes in teh case for cable management. I want them to be concealed under the motherboard as much as possible. That being said, I dont really want ANY visible circular holes. My motherboard is a standard ATX motherboard.

If you could, just please save the image below to yoru computer, edit it with paint or w/e on where you would put the holes and how big and upload it back to me.

Please help a noob. :p

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Is there much space on these to route cables around the back of the mobo tray?

3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. I dont use many cables anyway. I have a ton lying loose behind it already. You should see this one guys Armor case on overclock.net. It is an absolute mess behind the motherboard tray. I pretty much have no use for molex connectors as I am IDE free now. Its all SATA connectors which im hoping will be long enough. If not, Im going to have to buy longer ones. The ones I have seem to be 20 inches.

The CPU connectors woudltn be hard at all. (I woudltn think) its right on the upper left corner of my motherboard. The CPU on the otherhand may prove to be harder. I have to use both of them with my 9800GTX and the connectors are on the top.

4. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Well what I'd recommend is tape down a sheet and outline your motherboard make some measurements and work from there. The 24 pin is going to have to show a little bit of the cut if you're looking for it not to be visible. Bit too wide to fit with most standoffs, my cut shows about a quarter inch of it with my 900

What kind of tools will you be working with?

5. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    Also, how tall are the risers on it? The risers on my JPAC case are 1/2" and it's pretty damn easy to run 12v rails and my pci-e cables under it.

6. MoeDaKilla

MoeDaKilla New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, you see the two big black holes you should use those to route your bigger cables and you can space them further or closer apart depending on the length of your cables. The smaller holes can be used for the IO cable connectors and smaller wires like fan connectors. The paint drawing I made is a bit crude, but definitely post up what you are gonna use to cut and what size dremels and grommets you are gonna use. Hope that helps. Sorry about the attachment I dont know how to post in-text.

Attached Files:

7. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    My idea:

1. Power Supply Cables and front panel entrance to back of case
    2. 24pin Power cable, doesn't need to be this large.
    3. For Sata Ports, would be further underneath motherbaord, so you can run them directly underneath with minimum visibility.
    4. For the 2x4pin connector
    5. For front Panel and USB connections as well as any other random assortment cables plugged in bottom of motherbaord.

Attached Files:

8. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    take a look at page 6 in my sig. There are quite a few tips on wire management there.

9. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:

im agree kenshai ,