1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help finding a x850XT AGP For the cheapest you can find.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mdawg, Jan 4, 2006.

1. mdawg New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need help Microcenter "discontinued" the product. I called them the guy told me that they had to take it off because they wernt even sure they could get enuff shipment in to fill the backorders. I really need help finding the card sub $300. Please guys do all you can do find it at this price I want to order one FRIDAY.
  2. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have looked i doubt you will find a sub $300 x850xt agp, but th x850 pro is hanging around 250 at alot of places and you still have a chance to unlock it to xt pe specs if your lucky
  3. mdawg New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im not going on lucky, I want pure 100% 16 pipes. :'(
  4. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    x850 pro agp were better unlockers all around, i am not even sure if the pci/e could even unlock, and there is always ebay if you don't want to hassle flashing. Otherwise it still may be a while before retailers loosen the prices being that this is one of the best and last AGP cards you can get. Read through the other threads on the x850 pro maybe this will give a better idea of how unlockable they are.
  5. mdawg New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive been searching ebay, im lookin into it. I did alot of research on the Pro and all the new ones are locked no matter what.
  6. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea i looked and saw that in a posted but i dont remember which thread, dolph might know but they seem to be ones after after a certain serial number, if you can find a local store with some stock maybe you can match it against the numbers posted in the forum.
  7. mdawg New Member

Thanks Received:
    No local store carry high up crap like that. My town sucks so horribly.
  8. TurboGLH New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's just plain not true, I bought one at the beginning of november and it was unlocked, my friend got one for xmas and it was unlocked, a couple of people around here have bought them recently and they've been unlocked, except for one poor bastard that got one on his third card :) These were all agp btw, not that anyone thought that I know five people who unlocked pcie cards.
  9. TurboGLH New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best buy is your friend. Their prices are only a little high and the two that we modded locally were unlocked.