1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help removing nasty spyware

Discussion in 'General Software' started by DaMulta, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm on this lady's laptop, and I can't get all of the crap off of it. I've heard of something like hijakethis?

What has happened is that lan doesn't work, but I have gotten a wireless adaptor working.
  2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Download Hijack this Here

Also run MRT and AVG.

:toast:
    DaMulta says thanks.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    try hitman pro it runs a F@&! ton of anti spyware programs in sucession if that dont fix it then all that can be done is make backups of data scan them with a good anti virus then reformat

ive had hitman pro fix a seemingly imposable case of spyware at one point spybot detected over 22k problems on a friends pc i dont seem to have any problems with virus's or spyware just dont dl/click on shit that seems shady and pay attention to installs to make sure they don install additional software which has to be stated in the license agreement
  4. 7mm

7mm

Thanks Received:
    I Recomend Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware Personal SE/2007 & Windows Defender. Never Harm In Installing All Three of'em. Though Only Windows Defender Comes With On Access Scanner.

Install These Softwares & Update Them On 1st Priority, Check With Spybot Search & Destroy, Windows Defender & Ad-Aware Respectively. Follow The Instructions To Fix Any Problems That Has Been Detected, Close All Programs & Restart Your PC. Now Run Spybot Search & Destroy & Run Immunize Function To Make Sure Your System Stay Safe From Future Problems.

You Could Try Advanced WindowsCare 2, It's a Freeware(Just Like 3 Above) & It Has More Functions Than Just Anti-Spyware To Keep Your System Going In Good Shape. Don't Forget To Install Good Anti-Virus Like Avira AntiVir Personal, Avast! Home Edition OR AVG Free. They Does Job That Even Paid AV Does, So Try Them Too. Please Install Only One AV. Good Luck.
  5. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I got the lan working again with hijackthis!!!!

Thanks now I'm going to run AVG and AD-Aware to finish it up.
  6. 7mm

7mm

Thanks Received:
    Just a single scan from one software won't be enough in infected system, I'd recommend Spybot Search & Destroy full scan. Also get Windows Defender to protect you from the moment you install.

It's been seen before, One AntiSpyware detection results aren't satisfactory acording to other one :wtf:. Infection detected by Ad-Aware & Spybot Search & Destry can be diffrent from each other too :shadedshu, one detects more than the other one. So It's Highly recomended that you should use more than one AntiSpyware engines :cool:. Though One must activate ONLY single On-Access scanner, Say Windows Defender :).
  7. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    also install avg rootkit to be sure there are no hidden installers and the such!
  8. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    This was a Myspace PC. I hate Myspace PCs they are the worst about getting this crap.