1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help with Case Fans for 400R

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by bamdaman14, Oct 9, 2012.

1. bamdaman14 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I just setup a new build and the case that I'm using is the 400r. I have the fan on the back of the case plugged into the motherboard. But the two 120mm front chasis fans are directly plugged in the power supply and are always running at full speed which causes a lot of noise. Should I replace those fans with something quieter or should I buy a fan controller to reduce the speeds of the fans? Also I only have 3 fans in the case besides the cpu cooler. Is that enough or should I add more.
  2. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    It really depends on what you want to buy. You could get some new fans, but you're best bet it just a cheap little fan controller.
  3. Ed_1

Thanks Received:
    I just put together a system with 500r with similar thing. the 500r has 3 speed fan controller built in which connects to 2 front fans an side (all intakes) . I leave them on medium as it really doesn't help much any higher an gets noisier .
    The back exhaust fan is controlled by motherboard . So I would recommend as other poster to either control with MB, be careful on wattage cause MB plugs can only power so much per plug .
    Get a fan controller or even those cheap inline ones , just figure what speed you want approx .