1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help with Crossfire

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by MagnumForce, Mar 20, 2011.

1. MagnumForce

MagnumForce New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been trying for several days to figure this out and Im stumped. :banghead: Hoping an ATI guru can give me some guidance.

I have 2 5770's (an XFX and a Asus, both Juniper cores with identical timings) running in X-fire Crossfire. I had the XFX and just bought the Asus with the intention of x-firing crossfiring them. At first it worked fine. But now no matter what app/game I run only one core gets used. Running benchies/games confirms this. For example, my XFX averaged around 21 FPS in Unigine Heaven benchmark. When I first crossfired that went up to 47 FPS. Now, Im back down to 21.

Now, Using AOD to watch my GPU core usage only 1 core is being used while running any game/app. Running MSI Kombuster one core's temp goes up in the monitoring window while the other stays steady at 32c. Now, If I watch my usage and temp using GPU-Z it shows all my core's temp rising when running Kombuster, Which is very confusing.

Also, GPU-Z shows X-fired crossfire enabled, but shows one core disabled (Pics below)

I have uninstalled/re-installed ATI software/drivers (Latest Catalyst suite), ran each card individually in each slot and swapped them between the primary and secondary video slots, tried different X-fire crossfire bridges, and nothing has fixed it. X-fire crossfire is enabled in CCC. Now, I "think" I was running an earlier Catalyst suite when I first installed, but I dont remember which one. That shouldnt matter though unless the latest suite has an issue with x-fire crossfire.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    You could try uninstalling both cards in device manager, Then rebooting to see if it detects them both again it might sort itself out.

4. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    You havent dissabled catalyst AI have you? cos that disables x-fire too.

MagnumForce says thanks.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thread title fixed. Xfire is an application, and has nothing to do with crossfire or crossfireX.

use games with known crossfire profiles and not things like kombustor, some of them dont work in crossfire and only use one GPU.

6. MagnumForce

MagnumForce New Member

Thanks Received:
    You hit it on the head! I reset all CCC settings to default and both cores are now back.

Thanks alot! I am very grateful for the help. :respect:

Nitro-Max says thanks.
  7. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
  8. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anytime.:)