• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

need help with game install issues

Processor Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H87-D3H LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI
Cooling CPU - Cooler Master Hyper T4 / Case - cooler master 120mm rear case fan (Air cooling)
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) GTX1060 6GB
Storage Samsung 512 GB 840 PRO SSD Main Drive and Samsung 512 GB 840 EVO SSD Backup Drive
Display(s) ASUS 23" LED Monitor
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 (silver & black)
Audio Device(s) (onboard audio) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply CORSAIR SU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Software Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Edition
first let me say this:

im not looking to pirate any games or anything like that.

here is my problem:

i have several simple little freeware arcade games i have collected and the list of them is quite long so what i did was to take the game folders themselves and make my own download for them with install creator pro so i can download all 28 of them in the directory i choose then because my understanding of how the download creator works is limited so i make a seperate download to install the shortcuts in the start menu for launching them.

most games work fine if i make a different directory location to install in they will put everything needed to run the game into that file so it is portable and will run as a stand alone file.

now you know how i have done all of this and why, its time to address the problem.

i have two games that just will not work right and they wont run as stand alone files, somewhere else it is putting active x files and some dlls that i cant find and dont know about so i cant find them and put them into the game folder to make them run as stand alone game folders.

the games i am talking about are these two star wars games found here:

http://www.bruneras.com/fgames.htm

i dont know anything about software so can someone help me figure out whats missing from these game files to make them run with everything in only one folder?

Last edited: