1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help with hdmi cable from pc to hdready tv

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by jedda|, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jedda| New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey im new to this,but i need help with a HDMI cable,i got it connected to my pc and tv,its a lg 42 pcr1-zh tv and i have a ATI radeon hd 4770 card,i get no signal and feel i have tried everything,can someone help? dont know what to do anymore,i want to have my tv as the screen.please reply or send email to jamiealantanner@hotmail.no

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

You may need to (tune) LG TV; try having a look through the TV manual or on screen display and let the TV know what port it should look at for the input / output signal

Hope this helps

atb (all the best)

Law-II

3. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I've got a rig that had the same issue. My LG TV wouldn't output over HDMI (6870 card), even if the appropriate input port was selected.

What I did to alleviate this problem was to clean and move the hdmi cable to a different connector. For some reason it detected without a problem there. After subsequently moving the connector back to that original port, it would detect anywhere.

I'd chalk it up to negotiation issues on specific ports, but once recognized there being no issues with any port.

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    have you enabled it in windows? even if it detects, its not going to automatically turn on a lot of the time.

5. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    If the TV has a PC in as VGA then try and use that, other than not sending sound to the TV there's really no difference.

6. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    question: why do people use DVI, HDMI or DP instead of VGA on their PC monitors?

answer: same reasons apply to why you shouldnt use VGA on a HDTV. if you dont know, you really should look it up as VGA is quite a quality killer.

7. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    On my TV it ain't. Looks the same for my eyes as with HDMI on also on a hdready set not an 1080p screen.

8. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    well, you're lucky. you still wont have 1:1 pixel mapping, or the ability to run centered timings, just preset aspect ratios. most of the time VGA looks noticeably worse (and the opposite can be true on certain HDTV's, with dodgy EDID info on their HDMI ports)