1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

need help with phone/please btw happy thanksgiving hope you enjoyed it =)

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by das müffin mann, Nov 28, 2008.

1. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok so long story short, i dropped my phone in the toilet
    so i need a little help buying a phone
    it's been a while since i bought one and i don't really have a clue whats out there these days (besides iphone)
    all i need it to have is mp3 capability with the ability to use after market head phones (old phone had stupid little plug that only fit their headphones, and it sucked)
    ease of use would be nice (i don't want to have to dig through a bunch of folders to find some simple aspect of the phone, like to listen to your messages, yes old phone had that to)
    and i would prefer a flip phone
    price isn't that big of a factor but i would like to keep it relatively cheap
    so thanks and happy holidays
    :toast:

2. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh it might be useful to let you know that i am on sprint

3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not to sure on the actual phone , but be sure you get a CDMA phone over a SIM card phone. Seems sprint uses CMDA.

IMHO look on sprints site and see what they offer for sale, then take a hop on google or ebay and see whats out there price wise. At least you are guaranteed to get a phone that works, unless you can confirm they have an "open handset policy". That means that they will activate any CDMA style phone on their line.

Better to just a tad bit of homework with sprint themselves so you don't end up buying something they wont activate!

das müffin mann says thanks.